- Mechanism for Redressal of Grievances of Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Cell Committee
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Activities and Future Plans
Student Grievance Redressal Cell facilitates the solution for grievances in an impartial and fair manner and also maintains confidentiality in the cases required to be. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the Students Council. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and responsible perspective among all the Students so as to take care of a harmonious academic atmosphere within the institute. The Cell is constituted with the following objectives:
- Encouraging the Students to precise their grievances / issues freely and admittedly, with none worry of being victimized.
- Suggestion / criticism Box is put in ahead of the Administration Block within which the Students need to stay anonymous place in writing their grievances and their suggestions for rising the teachers or Administration within the faculty.
- Advising all the students to respect each other’s right and dignity and to be in utmost patience whenever rift occurs.
- Advising all the students to refrain from inciting Students against alternative Students, lecturers and management.
- Advising all teaching and non-teaching staffs to be tender to the student and not behave in a very rude or arrogant manner towards any of them for any grievances or any other matters.
Mechanism for Redressal of Grievances of Students
- Sahyadri Grievance Redressal Grievance cell holds its meeting periodically and discusses the grievances or complaints raised by Students. Grievances are taken from the criticism box, Class teachers, any written complaints to higher authority or mails.
- Grievances which can be solved at the department level are handed over to respective Department HOD’s. Report will be sought after that.
- Institute Level Grievances are discussed in the meeting. Respective charges might be called for more clarification on the issue. If Problems are not solved in Committee level the same is forwarded to Management along with suggestions.
- Reports are developed before the next meeting. If a committee suggests for set up of a Special Committee to resolve the issue then it should be formed. The report is sought from that committee at the end.
Student Grievance Redressal Cell Committee
|Sl.no||Designation in College||Designation in Committee|
|4.||One Senior Faculty||Member|
|5.||One Senior Faculty||Convener|
Roles & Responsibilities for Student Grievance Redressal Cell
- The college expects that grievance Redressal be time bound and result oriented. Every grievance is expected to be resolved within a reasonable period.
- Chair Person will preside the cell, meeting and give guidance to solve the grievances. Chair Person will also ask Convener to conduct meeting whenever required.
- Convener will follow up the entire process of Cell keeping updated to ChairPerson. Convener can also request the Chair Person to conduct a meeting of the cell depending upon the grievances required. File should be maintained by the convener. Conveners should also have the track of activities conducted by the Cell.
- Members of the cell should attend the meeting and facilitate it. They should give suggestions and guidance whenever required.
- The SGRC shall monitor status and progress of grievance Redressal and shall furnish report on grievance Redressal position to the Principal.
- To encourage the Students to precise their grievances / issues freely and admittedly, with none worry of being victimized.
- To see that students make use of Suggestion / criticism Box which is put in ahead of the Administration Block without fear of getting caught.
- To advise all the students to respects each other’s right and dignity and to be in utmost patience whenever rift occurs and to refrain from inciting students against alternative students, lecturers and management.
- To advise all teaching and non-teaching staffs to be tender to the student and not behave in a very rude or arrogant manner towards any of them for any grievances or any other matters.
Activities and Future Plans of Students Grievance Redressal Cell
- Awareness among the students during bridge Course when they are entering first Year.
- Awareness among the students during the Induction program when they are entering second Year.
- Getting the updates from the website and criticism box on a weekly basis.
- Solving the issues on a regular basis depending on the grievances..
- Sending the reports to AICTE and other concerned authorities