Manjunath Bhandary, M.Phil, Ph.D.
A visionary, entrepreneur, educationist and politician. His dynamic leadership brings about much needed social reforms through education to empower individuals to become the backbone of an enterprising, productive society.
- He is been awarded the prestigious Eisenhower Fellowship from the Eisenhower Foundation, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- He was conferred with Eminent Engineer of the year Award by the prestigious engineering body, The Institution of Engineers (India) for his meritorious services in the field of Education and social activities.
- He was honoured with the National Education Award by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and CMAI Association of India for his excellent contribution to education.
- He is a special invitee to the Karnataka State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) that is headed by the Higher Education Ministry.
- He proposed a Project titled “RAJIV VIKAS KENDRA” to the Government of India which was subjected to approval of the Prime Minister Mr. Manmohan Singh to provide ONE CRORE job opportunities and later the same was approved by the Union Cabinet and implemented as Rural Common Service Centre (C S Cs), thus sanctioning the budget to establish centers to provide the employment opportunities for the rural youths.
- He proposed a proposal called INDIRA JYOTHI to Karnataka Government to provide GAS CONNECTION to people below poverty level and the same was included in the Budget by Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri. S M KRISHNA.
To know more about him ...