Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or in-discipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear of apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment to embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, in the Institute. Therefore, to provide conducive and healthy environment for proper physical and psychological development of all students, the Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management in accordance with the UGC guidelines and (Prohibition of Ragging) Act, 2009, brings forth the Regulations to curb the menace of ragging.n outlet for student expression, and a forum for aiding in the solution of college problems.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee on matters of Planning action for Building and Preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the CollegeCampus.
- Anti Ragging Squad will work under the Supervision of Anti Ragging Committee and to engage in the works of checking places like Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms and other places of student congregation, for any incidences of Ragging Shall educate the students at large in the College about Menace of Ragging and related Punishment Provisions.
- The Anti Ragging Committee will be involved in designing strategies and action plan for curbing the Menace of Ragging in the College by adopting an array of activities.
Objectives of Anti Ragging Squad:
- Anti Ragging Squad will be working under the Monitoring of Anti Ragging Committee and will seek advice from the Anti Ragging Committee.
- The Functions of Anti Ragging Squad to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging, if any, happening /reported in the places of Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Buses, Grounds, Hostels etc.
- The Squad will also educate the students at large by adopting various means about the Menace of Ragging and related Punishments thereto.
- A gamut of positive reinforcement activities will have to be adopted by Anti- Ragging Squad for orienting students and molding their personality for a better cause.
- They shall work in the Consonance and Guidance of Anti Ragging Committee.
Anti Ragging Committee:
|1||Dr Rajesha S, Principal||Chairman|
|2||Prof S.S. Balakrishna, Vice principal||Convener|
|3||Mrs Rashmitha G Nishal, Student Welfare Officer||Co-Convener|
|4||Dr. Prashanth Rao- HoD Basic Science||Member|
|5||Dr. Jyothi F Serrao, HoD, Physics||Member|
|6||Dr. Savitha M B, HoD Chemistry||Member|
|7||Mr. Vaishakh N L, Controller of Exam||Member|
|8||Mrs. Pooja Y Rai, Admission Officer||Member|
|9||Mr Prasad Chandra Asst. Professor, Department of ME||Member|
|10||Mrs Shreelatha U.A, Academic Administrative Officer||Member|
|11||Ms. Lahari Vaidhya, Asst. Professor, Department of ECE||Member|
|12||Mr. Vasanth B, Campus Manager||Member|
|13||Mr Shreekanth, In charge Campus Security||Member|
|14||Mrs.Jyotsna, Parent Representative||Member|
|15||Mr. Arjun Bhandari, Student Representative, I Year B E||Member|
|16||Ms. Rachana Shenoy Student Representative, I Year B E||Member|
|17||Head - Academic, Sahyadri Student Council||Member|
|18||Head - Sports, Sahyadri Student Council||Member|
|19||Sub Inspector of Police, Rural Police Station- Mangalore||Member|
|20||Mr.Krishna Kumar Poonja, Sevanjali Pratistana – NGO||Member|
|21||Mr Balakrishna Shetty, Media Merchant, Mangalore- Local Media||Member|
|22||President, Grama Mandala Panchayat, Adyar Mangalore- Civil Administration Representative||Member|
|1||1||Mr Prasad Chandra, Asst. Professor, Department of ME||Chairperson|
|2||Mrs. Akshaya Kumari Shetty ,-Asst. Professor, Department of Basic sci||Member|
|3||Ms. Shruthi Shetty - Asst. Professor, Department of ECE||Member|
|4||Ms. Ankitha K - Asst. Professor, Department of CSE||Member|
|2||1||Mrs. Sandhyashree Rohit Asst. Professor, Department of Chemistry||Chairperson|
|2||Mr Janardhan Swamy Asst.Professor, Department of CSE||Member|
|3||Mr Praveen Kumar M - Asst. Professor, Department of EC||Member|
|4||Ms Supriya Rao- Asst. Professor, Department of CSE.||Member|
|3||1||Mrs. Sharada Asst. Professor, Department of Chem||Chairperson|
|2||Mr Shreekanth, In charge Campus Security||Member|
|3||Mrs.Sowmyashree, Asst. Professor, Department of Basic Sci||Member|
|4||Mr. Nitheesh M G- Asst. Professor, Department of CV||Member|
|4||1||Mr Supreeth Prabhu , Asst. Professor, Department of CV||Chairperson|
|2||Mr Mallesh N - Asst. Professor, Department of Maths.||Member|
|3||Ms. Lahari Vaidhya, Asst. Professor, Department of EC||Member|
|4||Mr Ankith S Kumar- Student Counsellor||Member|
|5||1||Mr. Aldrine Vaz, PRO||Chairperson|
|2||Mrs Mary Jency, Asst. Professor, Department of Maths.||Member|
|3||Ms. Smitha - Asst. Professor, Department of CV||Member|
|4||Mr Mr.Vasanth B Campus Manager||Member|
|6||1||Mr. Shivakumar K M - Asst. Professor, Department of ME||Chairperson|
|2||Mr Sreenivasa P M -Asst. Professor, Department of CS||Member|
|3||Mrs. Megha, Asst. Professor, Department of ECE||Member|
|4||Mr. Gagan Shetty- Asst. Professor, Department of ME||Member|
|7||1||Mrs. Smitha A B – Asst. Professor, Department of ECE||Chairperson|
|2||Ms. Shiji Abraham- Asst. Professor, Department of CSE||Member|
|3||Ms. Rachana Gowda- Asst. Professor, Department of CSE||Member|
|4||Ms. Deepashree- Asst. Professor, Department of Maths.||Member|
|8||1||Dr. Savitha M B - Professor, Department of Chem||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Naveen Bappalige Professor Department of Phy||Member|
|3||Ms. Sangeetha Asst. Professor,Department of ISE||Member|
|4||Mr. Vikas G - Asst. Professor, Department of ME||Member|
|9||1||Mr. Sunil Kumar P – Asst. Professor, Department of ECE||Chairperson|
|2||Ms. Navya Rai Asst. Professor, Department of CV||Member|
|3||Ms. Alakananda- Asst. Professor, Department of CSE||Member|
|4||Mrs. Suchetha – Asst. Professor, Department of Maths||Member|
Ragging in any form is strictly banned and is a cognizable offence as per the directions of Hon'ble Supreme Court. If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, the authority would take stern action including expulsion from the University/ Institution as per Academic Regulations.
At the time of admission, every student and his/ her parents shall be required to sign a declaration in the format (as per annexure-II) that on admission he/she submits himself/herself to the several authorities of the University who may be vested with the powers to exercise discipline under the Act, the Statutes and the Academic Regulations that have been framed there-under by the University. Ragging is a violation of Article 21 of the constitution.