- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Placement & Training
- Physical Education
- Art & Culture
Programs of Civil Department
Dr. D L Prabhakara
Department of civil & Engineering and Prof. Janardhana D. R., Department of Information Science & Engineering attended a Symposium-Cum-Workshop on `IT Innovations for Smart Cities’ in IIIT-Allahabad. Automation and Embedded Software Engineering, IoT (Internet of Things), Cloud Computing, Service Oriented Architectures, Wireless Sensor Networks, Predictive mechanisms and Recommender Systems, Big Data Analytics, Inclusive Technologies were the topics covered during this mega event. This Symposium-Cum-Workshop highlighted that "A Smart City uses Information Technology to enhance performance and wellbeing, to reduce costs and resource consumption and to engage more effectively and actively with its citizens. There is world-wide interest in Smart Cities and the Govt. of India has announced the formation of around 100 smart cities to be developed in the future. The European Union (EU) has devoted constant efforts to devise a strategy for achieving 'smart' urban growth for its metropolitan city-regions as the intricacies especially in view of I.T. innovations are higher.
Mr Purushothama C T
Attended more than 25 workshops and seminars.
Dr Premanand Shenoy
Summer / Winter Schools/ Trainings Attended
1. Supervisory Development Programme in 1984
2. Certificate course in Computer Programming in 1985
3. A 4- Week training in FEDO, Cochin in Industrial Training in 1987.
4. Resource personnel in 15 days Extension Courses on Computer Applications in Civil Engineering in 1988, Structural Engineering 1989
5. ISTE- Winter School on Innovative Applications of Steel in the Construction of Industrial Structures, 1993
6. ISTE-Winter School on Environmental Impact Assessment of Transportation Systems, KREC, 1994
7. ISTE- Summer School on Recent Developments and Advances in Database Systems, 1995
8. Seminar on Foundations for Multi-Storeyed Buildings , 1997
9. A 4 Weeks Hands-on Intensive Course on Internet, Intranet and Programming , 1998.
10. NITK-INSDAG- Awareness Programme on Steel-Concrete Composite Construction 2004
11. Structural Engineers World Congress , 2007
12. International Colloquium on Architecture-Structure Interaction for Sustainable Built Environment 2010
Mr. R. Jayaram
1 . Participated in a two week ISTE workshop on 'Fluid Mechanics' conducted by I I T ,Kharagpur from 20th to 30th May 2014
2 . Participated in the two day DFI- NITK Workshop on recent trends in piling and ground improvement sponsored by NITK on 31st July and 1st August 2015
Ms. Rashmishree. K. N.
workshop on "Action Plan for Sanitation" held on March 17-18, 2016 at NITK Surathkal.
1. " Insights of Research " BVB College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli.
2. " Structural Design of Multi-Storeyed Buildings using STAAD Pro., BVB College of Engineering and Technology.
3. " Analysis and Design of High Rise Buildings" Bangalore.
Mr. Chethan Kumar N T
- Participated in one week Faculty Development Programme on, "RECENT ADVANCES IN TRAFFIC ENGINEERING & TRANSPORTATION PANNING", held at Malnad College of Engineering(MCE), Hassan..
- Participated in " PRAJNA 2015" - Full day Symposium held at Ramakrishna Math, Mangaluru.
- Participated in two days Faculty Development Programme on. " CYPE SOFTWARE & ITS APPLICATION IN CIVIL ENGINEERING", held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru.
- Participated in four days VTU VGST Faculty Development Programme on " HOLISTIC VIEW TO CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE", held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru.
Mr. Sunil Kumar Rai
- Computational Mechanics
- Development and Application of Bamboo in Construction and Energy sectors.
- National Workshop-Civil Engineering Challenges in 21st Century (CEC21-2014)
Mr. Krupaksha H K
- "Forensic science in Civil Engineering"
- "Application of CYPE software in Civil Engineering "
Mr Sudeep Shetty
- CYPE CAD FE DESIGN WORKSHOP
- APPLICATIONS OF DIFFERENTIATION AND INTEGRATION
Programs of Computer Science Department
Dr. J V Gorabal
• Three Day “ Orientation Course in Values Education” Organized at Ramakrishna Institute of Moral and Spiritual Education, Mysore from 02-04 March 2018
• Two day’s Workshop on “System Design in the Era of Internet of Things” By Prof Joseph Shifakis-Turing Awardee on 11,12 January 2018 atSahyadri Campus Mangalore
• A workshop on Outcome Based Education and Blooms Taxonomy on 10-11 July 2017 at SCEM,Mangalore
• Strategic Leadership for Excellence organized by International Academy for Competency Enhancement Bangalore During 2 -4 January 2014
• Towdays Workshop on “ Effective Leadership on Excellence” Organised by Internation Academy for Competency Enhancement Bangalore during 9th -10th December 2013
• Workshop on Advanced Network Programming using Sockets at SCEM,Mangalore on 20-21 September 2011
• Two Days International Conference on “ Communication Computation control and Nanotechnology during October 29-30th 2010 at REC Bhalki
• International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT-2010 17-18 September 2010
• Two Day National Conference on Wireless Networks during 20-21 August 2009 at RLJIT Doddaballapur
• A Short term programme on Quality assurance and NBA Accreditation in Technical Institutions(AICTE Sponsored Summer School conducted by the Industrial coordination department from 20-to 24th July -2009 at NITTR Chandigarh
• Two days National Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology during 21 - 22 November 2008 at RLJIT Doddaballapur
• Faculty Development Program on Web Development Open Sources and IBM Tools During 6-7 August 2008 Held at RLJIT Doddaballapur
• Three days Faculty Development Program on Computer Network Simulation Organized TEQIP During 21-23 February 2008 BEC Bagalkot.
• One day Workshop on Constitution of India” Jointly organized by Rural District Legal Services authority & R L Jalappa Institute of Technology on 22nd April 2006
• Short Term TrainingProgramme on Vision Research & Development organized World Bank TEQIP Sponsored Program During 20th-25th March 2006
• TEQIP Sponsored Three days Seminar cum Worshop on Current Industrial Software Construction Practices organized by Dept of CSE NMAMIT ,NItte During 15-17-Februvary 2006
• National Seminar on “Technical Educationa and Challlenges in the new millennium “ organized by Basaveshwar Engineering College Bagalkot on 3,4 November 2001
Prof. Sudheer Shetty
· Attended an Exhibition cum Conference organized by DIDAC India-2016 on the theme “Educational Resources and Solutions” at International Exhibition Center, Bengaluru on 30/09/2016.
Attended a One-day Seminar organized by Fujitsu World Tour-2016 on the topic “Human Centric Innovation” at Ritz Carlton, Bengaluru on 29/09/2016.
Attended “Principal’s Meet – 2016” at Infosys Ltd., Bengaluru on account of campus connect program on 30/03/2016.
Attended an International Conference on “Smart Materials and Technologies for Emerging Electronics – IC-SMTEE-2016” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru on 19/02/2016 & 20/02/2016.
Attended a Three-day Workshop on “Research Methodologies and Latex” held at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte from 02/09/2015 to 04/09/2015.Attended a two-day Workshop on “Cloud Computing’” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru on 16/01/2015 & 17/01/2015.
Attended a One-day Workshop on “Understanding Self and Interpersonal Relationships” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru on 18/07/2014.
Attended “Principal’s Meet – 2014” at Infosys Ltd., Bengaluru on the theme “Enhanced Integration” on 07/03/2014.
Attended a Three-day workshop on “Strategic Leadership for Excellence” organized by International Academy for Competency Enhancement, Bengaluru (IACE) from 02/01/2014 to 04/01/2014.
Attended a Two-day workshop on “Effective Leadership for Excellence” organized by International Academy for Competency Enhancement, Bengaluru (IACE) on 09/12/2013 & 10/12/2013.
Attended an AICTE sponsored Two-week Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Advances in Cloud Computing” held at Acharya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru from 01/07/2013 to 14/07/2013.
Attended a One-week Faculty Development Programme on “Research Methods for Business Management and Social Sciences” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru from 23/07/2012 to 29/07/2012.
Attended a National Conference on “Modern Trends in Science & Technology” held at Dr. M. V. Shetty Institute of Technology, Moodabidri on 14/10/2011 & 15/10/2011.
Attended a two-day Workshop on “Advanced Network Programming using Sockets” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru on 20/09/2011 & 21/09/2011.
Attended the Faculty Enablement Program of “Infosys-Campus Connect” held at Infosys Technologies Limited, Mysuru from 31/01/2011 to 04/02/2011.
Attended a two-day Workshop on “Parallel Programming” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru on 17/09/2010.
Attended a Technical talk on “Opportunities for Sponsored Research and Collaboration with IT Industry” held at KVG College of Engineering, Sullia and organized by BITES on 11/12/2009.
Attended a two-day Workshop on “Web 2.0 & Rich Internet Applications” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru on 23/10/2009 & 24/10/2009.
Attended a two-day Workshop on “Optimization Techniques” held at R. L. Jalappa Institute of Technology, Doddaballapura on 12/02/2009 & 13/02/2009.
Attended the EMC Discovery day and Technical talk on “Storage Area Networks-Challenges” held at EMC2, Bengaluru on 14/11/2008.
Attended a One-day workshop on “Storage Virtualization” held at Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangaluru on 10/11/2008.
Attended a VTU workshop on “Syllabus Revision” organized by Department of CSE/ISE, MSRIT, Bengaluru on 09/10/2007.
Attended a One-day Workshop on “Mathematical Tools for Engineering Applications” held at KVG College of Engineering, Sullia on 13/05/2006.
Attended the Eighth State Level Convention of ISTE-Karnataka and Sixteenth Dr. L. S. Chandrakant Memorial Lecture on “Excellence in Technical Education” organized by Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) held at & 19/11/2005.
Attended a two-day Workshop on “Lab-View Software Training Programme” conducted by National Instruments, Bangalore and Organized by PG Centre, VTU, Belagavi on 30/08/2005 & 31/08/2005.
Undergone Industrial Training at Software Development Division of Chip Integration Technologies Ltd., Bengaluru from 18/07/2005 to 10/09/2005.
Attended a National Workshop on Science and Technology in India through Ages (SATITAS-2003) held at KVG College of Engineering, Sullia on 21/03/2003 & 22/03/2003.
Attended a two-week training program on “Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)” course held at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT-B) from 01/10/2001 to 15/10/2001.
Attended a Faculty Development Programme Organized by ISTE Chapter of KVG College of Engineering, Sullia on 23/06/2001 & 24/06/2001.
Dr. Sarvesh Vishwakarma
- SPSS Workshop on Patents & Publications was held in the Campus. Prof. Umashankar B. S., Dean Academics, welcomed the chief guest Shri. V. L. Krishnamurthy, General Manager-Operations and Shri. Nandakumar, Deputy General Manager, MRPL. The chief guests delivered a talk on “Energy Scenario - MRPL Perspective”. Dr. Gautham Jeppu, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management presented on the topic “How to Write a Technical Paper”. Dr. Rathishchandra Gatti, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management presented on the topic “How to File Patent”. Mr. Steven Lawrence Fernandes, Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics & Communication informed all the SPSS students to complete their projects by 15th of April, 2015. All the SPSS projects will be presented during "Tech Vision -2015" which will be held on the 9th and the 10th of May, 2015 in the Campus. All the 250 SPSS students and 30 faculty members attended this workshop.
- The two-day workshop on “Cloud Computing” organized by the Department of Computer Science & Engineering was inaugurated by the chief guest, Mr. Sandeep Singh, Technical Associate, Android App & Cloud Computing Developer, Technophilia Systems. Prof. Sudeer Shetty, HoD, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, introduced the chief guest and welcomed the gathering. The event began with the lighting of the lamp by the dignitaries. Mr. Sandeep Singh gave a brief overview about the forthcoming sessions. Dr. U. M. Bhushi Principal, stressed the importance of workshops and projects in his presidential address. Prof. B. S. Umashankar, the Dean Academic, was present on the occasion. Mrs. Ankitha K., Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, delivered the Vote of Thanks.
Prof. Prabhakara B. K.
Resource person for state level Faculty Development Program in "Parallel Programming using OpenMP", sponsored by VTU.
Attended “Research Methodology & LaTeX”, 3 days workshop organized by VTU.
Dr. Pushpalatha K
National workshop on “Big Data Analysis: Deriving Causal Inferences Using Statistical and Computational Techniques, NITK Surathkal, April 01-02, 2016.
International workshop on “Cloud Computing and High Performance Computing”,Thapar University, Patiala, December 05-08, 2012.
Microsoft sponsored “MSR India 2012 Summer School on Distributed Algorithms,Systems and Programming”, IISC Bangalore, May 28-June 8, 2012.
DST sponsored Short Term Course "Nature inspired optimization algorithms: Recent trends, theory and applications", IIT Roorkee, March 25-28, 2011.
Research Promotion workshop on “Introduction to Graph and Geometric Algorithms”, Thapar University, 28-30 October, 2010.
Conference Tutorials in ICCCT, 2010 at MNNIT Allahabad.
Attended the IIT Delhi, Cloud Camp, 2010.
Attended the Four modules of Finishing School Programme, Thapar University,Patiala.
TGMC workshop based on DBA, Advance JAVA by Ashok Kumar, IBM PUNE.
Ethical Hacking by Ankit Fadia, Stanford University at Thapar University, INDIA.
- GIAN workshop visual object recognition organized at Mangaluru University.
- Attended 3 day workshop on “Research Issues On Green Cloud Computing” organized by IT department, NITK Surathkal in the month of June from 18-20, 2015.
- Attended a workshop on “Managing Big DATA” organized by AIT, Chikkamagaluru on 27/2/2015 and 28/02/2015.
- Attended a five day faculty development program conducted at Infosys, Mysore in the year 2012.
- Attended State level workshop on “PARALLEL PROGRAMMING” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management.
- Attended State level workshop on “NETWORK PROGRAMMING USING SOCKETS” held at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management.
- Attended a workshop on “RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES” held at NMAMIT, Nitte.
Mr. Madesha. M
1. Cloud Computing conducted by Technophilia Systems in association with Robotics and Copmuter Application Institute of USA held at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management on 16 and 17 jan 2015.
2. Feel Teacher Communication conducted by College for Leadership and Human Resource Development from 13 to 15 july 2015.
3. Network Simulator for Wireless sensor Networks at Alva's Institute of Enineering and Technology held on 17-18 jan 2014.
Mrs. Ankitha K
- Attended workshop on “parallel Programming’ conducted in Sahyadri Engineering College’ Mangalore.
- Attended workshop on “LAMP Technology” in ST. Aloysius Institute of
Management and Information Technology, beeri, Mangalore.
- Attended workshop on “Cyber Forensics and Ethical Hacking” conducted in
association with Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangalore.
- Attended workshop on “STORAGE AREA NETWORKS” conducted in Shrinivas
Institute of Technology, Mangalore
- Participated in
“FEELTeacher-Communication”, learning and development intervention organized by
Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore and CLHRD, Mangalore
- Attended workshop on “Self Esteem &
Work Ethics” at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore
- Participated in Faculty Enablement
Program on Foundation Program 4.0 “ conducted by Infosys Limited with A+ grade
Attended one week FDP
on “Enhancing Competency for improving
Quality Teaching”, sponsored by VTU, held at Sahyadri College of Engineering
and Management, Mangalore
Mr. Shailesh Shetty S
Attended workshop on "Practises in Software Engineering" conducted in Nmamit Nitte Mangalore 2012
Attended workshop on "Research Methodologies" conducted in Nmamit Nitte Mangalore 2013
Attended workshop on Advanced Network Programming using sockets" in sahyadri College of Engineering and Management
Attended Workshop on "Pathway to Success For teachers"at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management
Attended Workshop on "Self Esteem and Work ethics"at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management
Attended Workshop on "Cloud Computing" at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management
Attended Workshop on "Feel Teacher" at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management
Ms. Shetty Mamatha Gopal
Two days workshop on “Advanced network programming using sockets”, held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management
Two days workshop on” Teacher Competency Development”, held at University College , Mangalore
One day workshop on “Research Methodologies”, held at NMAMIT, NITTE
Two days workshop on “Cyber Forensics and Ethical Hacking” ,held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management
Two days workshop on “Cyber Forensics and Ethical Hacking” ,held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management
Three days workshop on “Pathway to Success for Teachers”, held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management
Two days workshop on “Self Esteem and Work Ethics”, held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management
Two days Faculty Development Program on “Managing Big Data”, held at AIT
Three days workshop “Feel Teacher”, held at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management
Mr. Shobhan Kumar
 Underwent a two-week ISTE workshop on "DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS" (MHRD-Ministry of Human Resource Development) conducted by (IIT-B) Indian Institute of Technology Bombay from 21st to 31st May 2013.
 Underwent a three day workshop on "FEEL TEACHER" (CLHRD-College of Leadership & Human Resource Development) organized by Dept of training held at SCEM Mangalore Karnataka on 26-28th July 2013.
 Underwent a one day workshop on "RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES" (TEQIP Funded) organized by IEEE student chapter held at NMAMIT Nitte Karnataka on 28th Sept 2013.
 Underwent a two day workshop on "CLOUD COMPUTING" by Technophilia (Robotics & Computer -Applications Institute of USA) at SCEM Mangaloe Karnataka on 16th to 17th Jan 2015
 Underwent a one two day workshop on "CLOUD COMPUTING" organized by BITES on 8th Feb 2013 at SIT Mangaloe Karnataka.
 Underwent a day workshop on "SELF ESTEEM & WORK ETHICS" organized by Dept of Training on 21st to 22nd Jan 2015 at SCEM Mangaloe Karnataka.
- Participated in "Cloud Computing:perspective and challenges"workshop organized by "Board of IT Education Standards" on 8thFebruary 2013 ar SIT ,Manglore.
- Participated in IEEE workshop CIW-2014 at IIIT-Allahabad.
- Participated in IEEE sponsored leadership workshop-2014 at IIIT-A.
- Participated in two days Symposium cum Workshop on IT innovations for smart city & Research Colloquium in Information Technology,Electronics & Communication organized by Indian Institute of information Technology, Allahabad, March 2015.
- Participated in National workshop on cyber security: Digital India Context,NITK Surathkal, oct 2015.
- Participated in CAMPUS CONNECT FACULTY ENABLEMENT PROGRAM (FEP) 5.0 held at NMAMIT on 19-23 Dec 2016
Mr. Duddela Sai Prashanth
Successfully completed the training RMAR Certified Cyber Security Expert (RCCSE) V1.0 in 2014.
Participated in the “Symposium cum Workshop on IT Innovations for Smart City & Research Colloquium in Information Technology, E &C” Organized by IIIT – A, March 2015.
Participated in “Prajna 2015” – Full-Day Symposium for College Faculty held at Ramakrishna Math, Mangaluru on Friday, 11th Sept 2015.
Attended the one day National Workshop on Cyberspace Security: Digital India Context held at NITK Surathkal on 17th October 2015.
Mr. Manjunath Mulimani
- Attended six days workshop on "Speech Signal Processing", held at NIT, Warangal , from 21/11/2016 to 26/11/2016.
- Attended " 11th Winter School on Speech and Audio Processing(WiSSAP-2016), on theme "Speech Prosody", held at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai, from 8/1/2016 to 11/1/2016.
- Attended " Workshop on Image and Speech(WISP-2015)", held at IIIT, Hyderbad on 12/12/2015.
- Attended "Summer Research Fellowship-2015" in IIST, Tiruvananthapuram by Indian Academy of Sciences(IAS) from 25/5/2015 to 20/7/2015.
- Attended "Summer Faculty Research Fellowship -2014 ", in IIT Delhi from 1/6/2014 to 15/7/2014.
Mr. Jinto Thomas
Software Testing & Quality at MITE, Moodabadri Jan 31st-Feb 2nd,2013
Faculty Enablement Program on Foundation Program 5.0 NMAMIT,Nitte 19th-23rd December,2016
Ms. Biniya Kocharakal Binoy
1. Attended Refresher course on, "Applications of Differentiation and Integration" on 8th June, 2016 at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore.
2. Attended workshop on "Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB", in 2014.
3. Attended 3 day workshop on "Digital Signal Processing using MATLAB and SIMULINK", in 2013.
Mr. Mangalraj P
1. Attended high performance computing workshop in Russia(2013)
2. Workshop on softcomputing attended at HCI2015 conference in IIIT-Allahabad.
3. Workshop on Hands on training in matlab and applications attended at IITM2013 conference in IIIT-Allababad.
4. 1 week visit at DRDO'S-DTRL(Terrain and Reseach laboratories) Delhi for discussion and handson training in Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data.
5. 15 days training at Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment(SASE), chandigarh for discussion and handson training in Specialised remote sesning tools such as ERGAS, ENVI, PolSAR and NEST4C.
Mr. Shreenath Waramballi
1.Workshop on Introduction To C and Data Structures at RNSIT Bangalore
2.Workshop on Storage Area Network at BNMIT,Bangalore
3.Worshop on Microprocessor and Microcontroller, AIET,Moodabidri
4.Workshop on Database Management and Applications,RNSIT Bangalore
5.Workshop on python programming and Applications,VKIT,Bangalore
6.Workshop on NBA ,SCEM Mangalore
7.Industry institute interaction conducted by ATC at Bangalore
8.IOT Application development with coordination of CISCO,RVCE,Bangalore
9.System design in era of internet of things delivered by turing awardee Joseph Sifakis
Programs of Electronics & Communication Department
Dr. R Srinivasa Rao Kunte
• Two weeks ISTE workshop on “Research Methodology” at
JNNCE during 15th to 24th Jan’2013.
• Two weeks ISTE workshop on “Signals & Systems”, conducted by IIT, Kharagpur at JNNCE during 2nd to 12th Jan’2014.
• One Week workshop on “National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and Outcome Based Education(OBE)” organized by JNNCE, Shivamogga held during 23rd Jan’2017 to 27th/31st Jan 2017.
• One Week Faculty Development Programme on “Advanced Microcontroller Programming and IoT” organized by JNNCE, during 12th to 16th June 2017.
• Organized One Week workshop on ‘RecentTrendsinLTE’ organized by VTU and RVCE at RVCE during 29th Jan’17 to 2nd Feb’2018.
Dr. Jose Alex Mathew
- Object Oriented Programming at CEDTI, Calicut.
- Two days workshop on L.S.I. Design at K.L.E.Society's College of Engineering and Technology, Belgaum Sponsored by Visveswariah Technological University Belgaum.
- Five days ISTE-AICTE STTP on Processors for DSP: Architecture and Trends at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte, KARNATAKA.
- Six days AICTE-ISTE STTP on Embedded Systems and Applications at B.V.V.S. Basaveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot, KARNATAKA.
- Six days ISTE-AICTE STTP on Digital image processing (DIP) at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte,
- Three days workshop on Application of LabVIEW, conducted by National Instruments at SAINTGITS College of Engineering, Kottayam .
- Participated in two day Inter-University faculty meeting under Vision Group for Science and Technology conducted by Mangalore University.
Mr. Kiran Kumar. V. G
- “Advances in Signal Processing and its implementation using VLSI” – AICTE Sponsered FDP – 22nd -24th January 2014 hel;d at P A College of Engineering Mangalore.
- “Embedded Systems Development” – TEQIP II – April 12th and 13th 2013held at NITK Surathkal.
- “Training of Evaluators on Outcome based Education and Accreditation” – NBA Nodal Centre,PG Centre VTU regional Office Mysore- 1st to 3rd October 2013.
Ms. Joyline Germine Dsa
1) INUP Familiarization Workshop on Nano fabrication Technologies in IISc Bangalore,August 2014.
2) INUP Hands-on Training on nano fabrication Technologies in IISc Bangalore May 2015.
3) Workshop and hands on training On COMSOL multiphysics software July 2015
Mrs. Deepthi Dayanand
- Two week ISTE workshop on “Control Systems” conducted by IIT Kharagpur under the National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD, Govt. of India) at Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore.
- Summer school on "Emerging areas of technology in smart materials and manufacturing" at NITK, Surathkal.
- District level workshop on "Role of Women in higher education" at Sahyadri Institute of Technology, Adyar, Mangalore.
- Workshop on "Wireless communication" at NMAM Institute of Technology,Nitte.
- International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering” (ICETE’12)at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte.
- Participated in “Feel Teacher – Freedom and Punishment” Learning and Development Intervention, organised by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, from 16th to 18th July 2015.
- Workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights: Significance for Academia in Business & Research” organised by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management in association with Visvesvaraya Trade Promotion Centre, Govt of Karnataka, Bengaluru held on 22nd June 2015
- Two week ISTE workshop on “Control Systems” conducted by IIT Kharagpur under the National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD, Govt. of India) at Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore, from 2nd to 12th December, 2014
- Faculty Development Programme on “Virtual Instrumentation Using LabVIEW” conducted by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, held on 22nd to 23rd August, 2014.
- Workshop on “MISSION 10X” organised by Wipro at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, from 10th to 12th October 2013.
- Workshop on “Research Trends in Information Technology (RTinIT)” organised by Dept. Of Information Technology NITK, Surathkal, on July 11- July 12, 2013.
- Workshop on “PCB Design & Technologies” organised by click, from 19th & 20th April 2013, at Mangalore.
- National Workshop on Getting Started with MATLAB and Simulink, organised by Dept. Of Mathematics, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal during 12-14 July, 2012.
- Theme Meeting on Medical Instrumentation held on 28th & 29th May 2010, conducted by Father Muller Medical College in association with Board of Research in Nuclear Science, Bhabha Atomic Energy Research Center, Mumbai.
- Workshop on "Wireless communication" organised by NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte during 12th -13th March 2009
Mr. Sharathchandra. N. R.
- FDP ON VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTATION USING LABVIEW
Mr. Praveen Kumar Konda
l Attended a workshop on “Nanotechnology and Sensors” Organized by IEEE Bangalore
section at IISc Bangalore.
l Attended a AICTE sponsored workshop on “Advances in signal processing and its
implementation using VLSI” Organized by P A college of engineering Mangalore.
l Attended a workshop on “PLC and SCADA” organized by VTU Regional center Mysore.
l Attended a workshop on “Excellent Leadership” organized by SCEM at Ocean pearl hotel,
l Attended a workshop on “model based development and testing of safety critical control
system using Mat lab” Organized by NMAMIT, Nitte in association with MOOG India
Technology Center, Bangalore.
l Attended a workshop on “Application of lab view” Organized by NMAM Institute of
Mrs. Megha N
1. Participated in three days workshop on "Analog and Digital VLSI Design Using Cadence Tools" held on 28th to 30th april, 2014 at RIT hassan.
2. Participated in three days workshop on "CADENCE OrCAD PSPISE/PCB design- The analysis and design of electronic circuits ans system " held on 12th to 14th January, 2015 at Canara Engineering College, Bantwal.
3. Participated in two days workshop on "Self esteem & work ethics" held on 21st and 22nd January 2015 at SCEM, Mangaluru
4. Participated in one day workshop on "Intellectual Property Rights- significance for Academia in Business & Research" held on 22nd June 2015 at SCEM, Mangaluru
5. Participated in three days workshop on "FEEL teacher-communication" held on 13th to 15th July 2015 at SCEM, Mangaluru
6. Participated in three days workshop on "Advanced learning platform & solutions of iWave" held on 3rd to 5th August 2015 at SCEM, Mangaluru
7. 7. Participated in two day workshop on “VLSI Design Using Open Source EDA”, organized by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore and conducted by M.S. Engineering College, Bengalore on 29th and 30th July,2016.
Mr. Praveen Kumar M
1. Participated in workshop "FEEL Teacher - Communication" Learning and Development Intervention, organised by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangaluru and conducted by CLHRD, Mangaluru, from 13 to 15 July 2015.
2. Attended a Workshop/Training Programme in "Advanced Learning Platforms & Solutions" of iWave for a period of 3 days with iWave Systems Technologies Pvt. Ltd. from 3rd Aug 2015 to 5th Aug 2015.
Mrs Nikhitha C
1. Video processing held in PA College of Engineering, Mangalore.
2. Microwave Radar held in Airport, Mangalore.
3. Campus Connect Program held by Infosys held in PA College of Engineering, Mangalore.
Ms. Ashutha K
- Work shop on ARM Cortex A9 i.MX6 Dual Core Processors, conducted by iWave Systems at Sahyadri College.
- Web-Casting at Polling Station for General Elections to Loksabha-2014. at DC office Mangalore
Programs of Information Science Department
Mr Janardhana D R
- 2 days Workshop cum Symposium on "IT Innvotion for Smart City" at IIIT Allahabad on 14th & 15 March 2015.
- 2 week Workshop on “Research Methodology” Jan 15th -24th 2013 at JNNCE Shimoga
- 3 day workshop on “Computer Aided Electrical Design ” Jan 7th – 9th 2013 at HKBKCE Bangalore
- 2 day FDP on “Low power Embedded system using MSP430 Microcontroller” JAN 11th-12th 2012 at SJCE Mysore
- 1 week workshop on “High Impact Teaching Skills” NOV 8th to 13th 2010 at PESITM Shimoga
- 2 day workshop on “ Introduction to Robotics” May 31st to June 1st ,2010 at SDMCE Dharwad
- 2 day FDP on “Prospects, Challenges, Development and Issues in power sector in Indian Context” DEC 21st -23rd 2009 at NMIT Bangalore
- 2 day FDP on “Teachers Effectivity Program” 13th & 14th July 2009 at PESITM Shimoga
- 2 day workshop on “Wireless Sensor Networks” May 9-10th 2009 at JNNCE Shimoga
Mr. Balaji. N.
Participated in 3-days national level workshop on NS-3 for wired & wireless network at CSE Dept, NIT-K, Surathkal.
Participated in One-week workshop on Brain, Research and Learning at IISc Bangalore.
Programs of Mechanical Department
Dr. U. M. Bhushi
More than 125 invitred talks in Engineering colleges and Industries Major areas of invited talks include TQM, ISO9000, Six Sigma, Personality Development, Creativity, Time and Stress Management, Entrepreneurship, IPR, System Dynamics.
Workshop for Principals of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnatak Engineering colleges on Implementation of TQM in Engineering colleges"
Mr Ravichandra K. Rangappa
Seminar on " Blooms Taxonomy - In the context of NBA Accreditation" 29th April 2017.
Seminar on " Road to NBA Accreditation", Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management , 17th March 2017.
Seminar on "Hybrid and Electrical Vehicles - A sustainable approach for transportation sector", Manipal Intentional University, Malaysia, 22nd February 2017.
Workshop on "Design and Modeling of Formula Car for F1 in Schools Competition Malaysia"
Dr Manjunath Patel G C
- Basic Hydraulics and Pneumatics, 3 day short term training program conducted by VTU-Bosch Rexroth Centre of Competence in Automation Technology, 20-22 October 2010, Mysore, India.
- Essential Techniques for Research Problems in Manufacturing and Measurements, 5 day short term training program organized by National Institute of Technology Warangal, 8-12 July 2013, India
- Recent Trends in Design and Precision Engineering, 4 day workshop organized by National Institute of Technology Karnataka Surathkal, in association with Central Manufacturing Technology Institute, Bangalore, 9-12 December 2013, India
- Issues and Challenges for Foundry Industry in 21st Century, 3 day short term faculty development program, conducted by GIT, Belgaum, 17-19 March 2011, Belgaum, India
Mr. Kiran Prakasha. A.
1. Participated in the workshop on "Computational Mechanics" held at SCEM, Mangaluru on may 2013
2. Attended and coordinated four days VTU- VGST sponsored faulty development program on " Insights into sustainable steel manufacturing practices" held at JSW Steels , Toranagallu, Bellary on July 2013
3. Participated in WIPRO sponsored Engineering Faculty Workshop "MISSION 10X" held at SCEM, Mangaluru on October 2013
4. Participated in one day workshop on "Recent advances in bio-fuels and I.C Engines- RABFiCE 2014" held at SIT, Valachil on December 2014.
5. Participated in the workshop on "Self Esteem & Work Ethics" held at SCEM, Mangaluru on January 2015.
6. Participated in the workshop on "Pathway to success for teachers" held at SCEM, Mangaluru on January 2015
7. Participated in the workshop on "Intellectual Property Rights :Significance for Academia in Business" in association with Visvesvaraya Trade Promotion Center, held at SCEM, Mangaluru on June 2015.
8.Participated in two weeks Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India sponsored faulty development program on " Recent Trends in Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes" held at MSRIT,Bangalore January 2015.
Mr. Vikas. G.
• Participated in the three day FDP on “Orientation Course in Values Education” organized at Ramakrishna Institute of Moral and Spiritual Education-RIMSE, Mysore from 2nd to 4th March 2018.
• Participated in the International Workshop on “Effective Research: Proposals, Investigations, and Publications” organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering at St. Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore held on 11th August 2017.
• The Third Edition of eTIME-2017: FDP and National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering”, organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering at St. Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore in association with Scientific and Academic Publishing – United States, was held on 4th and 5th August 2017.
• Participated in the two day in-house workshop on “Soft Computing & Optimization Techniques in Mechanical Engineering” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore on 13th and 14th July 2017.
• Participated in the two day workshop titled “Outcome Based Education and Blooms Taxonomy” organized by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore on 4th and 5th July 2017.
• Participated in the two day workshop on “Industry Pollution Control” organized by Department of Civil Engineering at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore on 9th and 10th June 2017.
• Presented a Poster entitled “A Review on Basalt Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites” in the “International Symposium on Advanced Materials for Engineering Applications (ISAMEA-2017)” a two-day symposium was held at The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore on 24th and 25th of March 2017.
• Participated in a Refresher course on “Application of Differentiation and Integration” by Department of Mathematics held on 8th June 2016 at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore.
• Participated in a Faculty Development program on “Research Methodology” held on 8th January 2016, organized by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore.
• Participated in “Feel Teacher- Freedom and Punishment” Learning and Development Intervention held during 18th July 2015, organized by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore.
• Participated in the Workshop entitled “Intellectual Property Rights Significance for Academia in Business and Research” held on 22nd of June, 2015 at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore.
• Participated in two day workshop on “Self Esteem and Work Ethics” during 2015-16 at Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Mangalore.
• Attended a TEQIP sponsored one-day workshop on “Rapid Prototyping Technologies” organized by PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore held on March 2015.
• Participated in one day Workshop On “Recent Advances in Bio-fuels and I.C. Engines”, by Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore- 2014.
• Presented a technical paper at National level during the year 2013 at NIE Cogniescience-2013.
• Attended workshop on “Design for Assembly” organized by The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore.
• Attended workshop on “Latest Technologies on Product Life Cycle Management” organized by JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore associated with Dassault systems on 2012.
• Attended International Conference on “Additive Manufacturing Technologies” (AM-2012), Bangalore.
Mr. Pavitra Ajagol
- Training undergone on “Personality development program” by 3 6 t Degree HR Consultants bengaluru, organized by STJIT-Ranebennur from Jan 4th to 6th, 2011.
- Participated in the workshop on “Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme” held at STJIT Ranebennur on 16th of May 2011.
- Participated in One day workshop on “Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Technologies” held on 12th Nov 2011 at The NIE, Mysore.
- Attended Two days workshop on “Latest Technologies on Product Lifecycle Management” organized by Dept of ME, JSSATE Bengaluru in association with Dassault Systems, Bengaluru on 9th-10th of April 2012.
- Participated in “International Conference and Exhibition on Additive Manufacturing Technologies” on 27th-28th Aug 2012 at Nimhans Convention Center Bangalore.
- Participated in one day workshop on “Design for Assembly” on 20/04/2013 at The NIE, Mysore.
- Participated in Three day workshop on “Feel Teacher” conducted at SCEM Mangalore in Aug 2013.
- Attended Two week Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Trends in Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes” organized by Dept of ME, MSRIT Bengaluru, Sponsored by National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board ( NSTEDB ) on 29th Dec 2014 -10th of January 2015.
- Participated in Two days workshop on “Self Esteem and Work Ethics” held at SCEM Mangaluru on 23rd-24th of January 2015.
- Participated in Three days workshop on “FEEL TEACHER (Freedom and Punishment)” held at SCEM Mangaluru on 16th-18th of July 2015.
Attended Two days workshop on “Structured Approach in Engineering Education for Quality Enhancement” (TEQIP II funded) held at NMAMIT Nitte on July 29-30, 2016.
Mr. Ajith B. S
Mr B C Pramod
Finishing School arranged by TEQIP NITK
Mr. Prakashkumar Kavalur
• Attended Faculty Development Programme on NPTEL Awareness programme at M.I.T Engineering College Mangaluru, Karnataka which is conducted by IIT MADRAS on 28.10.2017.
• Attended one day faculty orientation programme (PRAJNA 2017) at Swami Vivekananda Auditorium, Ramakrishna Math Mangaluru on 07.09.2017.
• Attended 5 Days Faculty Development Programme on Engineering Mechanics Which Is Conducted By Excel College of Engineering, Namkal Tamilnadu.
• Attended 3 Days international conference and presented paper entitled “Static Behavior of Visco-Elastic Sandwich Plate with Nano-Composite Facings Under Mechanical Load” in international conference ICAMME-2014 which is held at national institute of technology Karnataka , Surathkal Mangalore. ( Between 27th Mrach to 29th March 2014)
• Attended 3 Days National Workshop on Dynamic Analysis of Machines And Structures (DAMS-2014) Which Is Held At National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Mangalore.( Between 29th JAN to 31st JAN 2014)
• Attended One Day National Work shop on Computational Mechanics At Sahyadri College of Engineering And Management Sahyadri campus Adyar Mangaluru on 18.05.2013.
Programs of Chemistry Department
Mrs. Sandhyashree Rohith
1.faculty development program on "building technology ventures at SCEM adyar from 31st aug to 2nd sep 2013
2."feel teacher " 3 days workshop at SCEM conducted by college for leadership and human resource development from 26th july to 28th July2013
3.faculty development programme on holistic process in teaching learning using NLP techniques at SCEM on 20th january 2014
4.Workshop on "work ethics and self esteem at CODP hall ,Paduva college on 19th and 20th January 2015.
5."Research workshop for doctoral candidates" at SCEM adyar.
6.Workshop entitled "intellectual property significance for academic in business and Research"held on 22nd 2015 at SCEM campus Adyar.
Programs of Mathematics Department
1. Attended workshop on Pathway to success for teachers at Sahyadri College of Engineering and management.
2.Attended workshop on Self esteem and work ethics at Sahyadri College of Engineering and management.
Programs of Physics Department
Dr. F. Jyothi Serrao
"Research workshop for Doctoral Candidates" at Karnataka Govt. Research centre, Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, January 23-24, 2015.
Programs of Placement & Training
Dr. Molly S Chaudhuri
1. Attended a Six-day Faculty Development programme titled, “INNOVATIVE APPROACHES IN MANAGEMENT TEACHING” offered be IIM, Kozhikode, from November 14th 2016 to November 19th 2016.
2. Attended a Two-day workshop titled, “CASE METHOD TEACHING” offered by Harvard Business Publishing and IIM Ahmedabad, at IIM, Ahmedabad on October 21-22, 2016.
3. Attended a two-day Facilitator's Conference-cum-Workshop on COMPETENCIES OF FIFTY GREAT WORLD LEADERS & CURRICULUM FOR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT organized by the College for Leadership & HRD, Mangalore on 23rd and 24th January, 2016.
Summit at the CII NATIONAL KNOWLEDGE SUMMIT 2015, themed “DIGITAL
INDIA:PATHWAYS TO A KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY”, organized by the
Confederation of Indian Industry (Southern region) at Bangalore on 19th and
20th March 2015.
5. Attended Master classes and the KM Summit at the CII FAIM KM INDIA SUMMIT 2010, themed “KNOWLEDGE : AS A COMPETITIVE DIFFERENTIATOR”, organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (Southern region) at Bangalore on 2nd, 3rd and 4th of December, 2010.
6. Attended a Two days User Awareness Workshop on Access to e-resources under UGC Infonet Digital Library Consortium including N-LIST Programme, organized by Mangalore University Library in collaboration with Information & Library Network (INFLIBNET) centre, Ahmedabad at Mangalore University, Mangalore on 23rd and 24th October, 2010.
7. Attended a Two-day Workshop on KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT organized by Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, at XIME campus, Electronics City, Bangalore on 19th&20th September, 2008.
8. Attended a Two-day Workshop on THE INNOVATION SUPER HIGHWAY: HOW TO MANAGE, MEASURE & PROFIT FROM IT, organized by Confederation of Indian Industry at Bangalore on 20th& 21st January, 2008.
Programs of Physical Education
Programs of Art & Culture
Sahyadrians at 3rd Annual Enterprise & IT Architecture Excellence Award Global Summit
The Chairman, Mr. Manjunath Bhandary, with Faculty Members and Students had the privilege of attending the global summit on Enterprise and IT Architecture in Bangalore. It provided an opportunity to the designers, architects, managers, CIOs and CTOs to share knowledge of innovative IT architecture which represents the next generation of practice. The two day summit featured 21 case studies from 15 countries. The 3rd Annual Enterprise & IT Architecture Excellence Award had Companies from 27 countries walk home with Global Awards for Architecture Excellence amidst fanfare at the Architecture Excellence Awards 2012 organized by iCMG.
The Chairman was given the honour of giving away the award to the winner Mr. Jugal Choudhary, Director, MWH Global, for 'Best Green Architecture' on behalf of MWH Global during Architecture Excellence Awards Night 2012. The team from Sahyadri had a unique opportunity to witness and interact with global leaders in the field of Enterprise and IT Architecture.
Sahyadrians at IV Science Conclave
Our Chairman, Mr. Manjunath Bhandary and Secretary, Mrs. Prasanna Bhandary have been awarded a silver lining to attend the 4th Science Conclave at IIIT, Allahabad.
The first day of the seven-day `Fourth Science Conclave' underway at Allahabad began with a key message by Mr. N. D. Tiwari , Director of IIIT, Allahabad on the benefits and objectives of the Science Conclave and urged the participants to make use of this opportunity to interact with Nobel Laureates and Eminent Scientists to discuss about the future of scientific research. This was followed by a message from Prof. Robert C Richardson, Noble prize winner for his discovery of Super fluid Helium-3; about the need of science and research for resolving problems.
To facilitate interactions with Nobel Scientists, the first session was chaired by Prof. Satish Tripathi, and Co-Chaired by Prof. Douglas Currie and the following Nobel Laureates and Eminent Scientists enlightened the participants about their research.
Prof. Robert C Richardson, Cornell University, Ithaca addressed the gathering on `Low Temperature Physics', Prof. Douglas Currie, NASA, LUNAR SCIENCE Institute on` Lunar Laser Ranging', Prof. Satish Tripathi, on `Data Mining' , Prof. Govind Swaroop, on `Radio Waves' and Prof. B. Sarkar on 'Biochemistry'. The participants interacted with Nobel Laureates and Eminent Scientists.