Dr. Nalini Elizabeth Rebello
- Department: Civil Engineering
- Designation: Professor
- Phone: 9945371440
- Email: email@example.com
- Teaching Experience: 18 Years
- Industry Experience: NIL
- Research Experience: 6.0 Years
|BE||Civil Engineering||Bangalore University||Bangalore University|
|M Tech||Geotechnical Engineering||NITK, Surathkal||NITK, Surathkal|
|Ph.D||Studies on Tunnels Subjected to Statics Loads and Blast induced Vibrations.||NITK, Surathkal||NITK, Surathkal|
Membership of Professional Bodies:
Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
Life member of Indian Concrete Institute (ICI).
Fellow, Institution of Engineers (IEI), India, FIE
Life member Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS)
No Research Details Found.
No Awards Details Found.
Grants Received Research/Projects Guided (Beyond Academic)
No Grants Details Found.
No. of International Journals Publications:8
1. Nalini E. Rebello, R. Shivashankar and Vedala R. Sastry (2018). “Surface Displacements due to Tunneling in Granular Soils in Presence and Absence of Geosynthetic Layer Under Footings.” Geomechanics and Engineering, Technopress. Vol. 15, No. 2 (2018), pp. 739-744.
2. R. Shivashankar, Nalini E. Rebello, V. R. Sastry and B. R. Jayalekshmi (2018).” Soil Structure Interaction Studies with Use of Geosynthetics in Soils Beneath Footings.” Shehata and Y. Rashed (eds.), Numerical Analysis of Nonlinear Coupled Problems, Sustainable Civil Infrastructures, Springer International, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-61905-7. pp. 85-97.
3. Nalini E. Rebello, R. Shivashankar and V.R. Sastry (2016). “Response of Strata and Buildings to Blast Induced Vibrations in the Presence and Absence of a Tunnel.” Journal of Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, Springer, 34:1013–1028.
4. Nalini Rebello, V. R. Sastry and R. Shivashankar (2014). “Study of Surface Displacements on Tunnelling under Buildings using 3DEC Numerical Modelling.” ISRN Civil Engineering, Hindawi Journals, Article ID 828792.
5. Nalini Rebello, Vedala Rama Sastry and R. Shivashankar (2014). “Numerical Modelling Study of Behaviour of Consolidated Strata around Tunnel.” Science, Technology, Arts Research Journal, pp. 190-196
6. Nalini. R, V. R. Sastry, Shivashankar, and R, Lakshmi. S (2012), “Behaviour of Tunnel and Surrounding Strata using 3DEC Numerical Modelling: Case study of an U/G Metro Rail Project” International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering, pp. 1763-1770.
7. Dr. Nalini Rebello (2020), “Development of Water Filtration Unit Using PVA-Based Composite Membrane and Fly Ash.” Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 99 in the proceedings of International Conference on Trends in Civil Engineering and Challenges for Sustainability.
8. Dr. Nalini Rebello (2020), “Experimental Studies on Geo-Synthetic Vertical Barrier Around the Dumpyard.” Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 99 in the proceedings of International Conference on Trends in Civil Engineering and Challenges for Sustainability.
No. of National Journals Publications:2
V. R. Sastry, Nalini Rebello and R. Shivashankar (2015) “Blast induced response of a Tunnel in the Presence of a Two Storied Structure” International Society of Rock Mechanics, Volume 4, No.1, pp. 10-14.
R. Nalini, R. Shivashankar, V. R. Sastry (2013) “Analysis of Behaviour of a Tunnel and Surrounding Strata using 3Dec Numerical Modelling: Case Study of a U/G Metro Rail Project". International Society of Rock Mechanics, Volume 2, No.2, pp. 19-22.
No. of International Journals Conferences:5
1. Nalini Rebello, Apoorva K V and R Shivashankar (2017) “Effect of Geosynthetics on Reduction of Displacement and Acceleration Induced Due to Vibrations in the Presence and Absence of Tunnels”, International Conference on Geotechniques for Infrastructure Projects GIP-207, 27-28th 2017
2. R. Shivashankar, V. R. Sastry and Nalini Rebello (2015). “Tunnel-Soil-Structure Interaction with Blast Loads of Varying Intensities”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Geotechnical Engineering, ICGE-Colombo,10-11 August, pp.495-498.
3. Nalini Rebello, V. R. Sastry, R. Shivashankar. (2014). “Effect of Varying Building Stories in the Presence of a Tunnel on Blast induced Velocities and Displacements. Proceedings of International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering”, N.M.A.M.I.T, Nitte, pp.3-7.
4. Dr. Nalini Rebello (2020), “Development of Water Filtration Unit Using PVA-Based Composite Membrane and Fly Ash.” Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 99 in the proceedings of International Conference on Trends in Civil Engineering and Challenges for Sustainability.
5. Dr. Nalini Rebello (2020), “Experimental Studies on Geo-Synthetic Vertical Barrier Around the Dumpyard.” Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, Vol 99 in the proceedings of International Conference on Trends in Civil Engineering and Challenges for Sustainability.
No. of National Conferences :1
1. Vedala Rama Sastry, Nalini, R. and Shivashankar, R. (2013). “A Study on surface displacements due to phase-wise excavations with varying tunnel widths.” Proceedings of National Conference on New Horizons in Civil Engineering, Manipal. pp. 316-326.
Workshop / Seminars
1. Two Day Workshop on " Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS in Civil Engineering" , A.J. Institute of Engineering and Technology, Mangalore, from 3rd and 4th May 2018.
2.Two Day Workshop on “Practical Approach to Recent Advancements in Civil Engineering and Sustainable Development” , NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte, from 12th and 13th January 2017.
3.Two Day DFI-NITK Workshop on “Recent Trends in Piling and Ground Improvement”, 5, NITK, Surathkal, from 31st July-1st August 2015.
4. Two Day National Seminar on “Explosives & Blasting Techniques for Mining, Quarrying & Infrastructure Industry”, NITK, Surathkal, from 27-28 Sept 2013.
5.wo Day Workshop on "Ground Improvement Techniques" conducted by Department of Civil Engineering, N.M.A.M.I.T, Nitte, from 27- 28 February 2009.
6. AICTE sponsored Two weeks Staff Development Program (SDP) “Induction Training for Teachers in Engineering Education”, KREC, from 14th August to 2nd September 2000.
Projects and Exhibitions
No Projects and Exhibitions Details Found.
No Other Activities Details Found.