29th Governing Council Virtual Meeting of Sahyadri was held
The 29th Governing Council meeting of Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management Governing body was held on virtual platform on 4th June 2021. The purpose of this meeting was to present and discuss the progress of Sahyadri throughout the year as well as the various initiatives and processes implemented for the development of the college.
Principal Dr. Rajesha S, presented the proceedings to the committee. The committee members appreciated the achievements of the Institution despite the COVID Pandemic with regards to Funding, Research & Development, Consultancy activities, Publications of Research Articles, Book chapters, Patents published and Students Academic achievements such as University Rank, Project funding for the students, Product Development, MOOCS certification courses and other co-curricular activities. The committee members had words of praise for the percentage of students placed despite the hard year and Congratulated Dean Placement, Faculty and staff for the achievement. The committee suggested various innovative ideas to implement for continuous Academic growth. The committee also recommended the process of Autonomous status and implementation as well as the introduction of new courses in emerging area. Chairman Mr. Manjunath Bhandary thanked the committee for valuable suggestions and inputs and also assured to incorporate those in the academic and administrative process.
· Mr. Manjunatha Bhandary - Chairman, Bhandary Foundation, Mangaluru
· Mrs. Prasanna Bhandary - Secretary, Bhandary Foundation, Mangaluru
· Sri. Balakrishna Bhandary - Trustee, Bhandary Foundation, Mangaluru
· Sri. Jagannath Chowta - Trustee, Bhandary Foundation, Mangaluru
· Sri. Devdas Hegde - Trustee, Bhandary Foundation, Mangaluru
· Dr. D. L. Prabhakar - Director, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru
· Dr K. N. Balasubramanya Murthy - Vice Chancellor, Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru
· Dr Jagadeesh Gopalan - Professor, Aerospace, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
· Sri. M.V. Subramanian - Managing Director, Future Focus Info Tech Pvt. Ltd. · Dr. Sandhya R. Anvekar, - Program Head-Skilling, Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS), Government of Karnataka.
· Dr. B Shadaksharappa, Principal, Sri Sairam College of Engineering, Bengaluru (VTU Nominee)
· Dr. Shakthivel Rathinam – AICTE Regional Officer Bangalore, (AICTE Nominee)
· Dr. S Manjappa,- Director R&D, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru
· Prof. S. S. Balakrishna - Vice-Principal, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru
· Mr. Johnson Tellis - Assistant Professor, Department of E&C, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru
· Dr. Rajesha S - Principal, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru
· Prof. Rashmi Bhandary – Dean Placement, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru
· Mr. Ramesh Hegde – Finance Officer, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru
The Governing Council provided its approval for the various measures and projects taken up by the institution. They assured continued support for any developmental activities that Sahyadri is willing to take.