Dr. P Aranganathan
- Department: MBA
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Phone: 7904838889
- Email: email@example.com
- Teaching Experience: 19 Years
- Industry Experience: NIL
- Research Experience: 3.0 Years
|BE||Mechanical and production||Annamalai University||Annamalai University|
|MBA||HRM||Madurai kamaraj University||Madurai kamaraj University|
|Ph.D||Management||Bharathiar University, Coimbatore||Bharathiar University, Coimbatore|
Membership of Professional Bodies:
ISTE Permanent Member
No Research Details Found.
No Awards Details Found.
Grants Received Research/Projects Guided (Beyond Academic)
No Grants Details Found.
No. of National Journals Publications:2
1. An article titled “Conceptual Framework of Mobile Marketing: Spamming the consumer around the world” got published in the ‘Indian Journal of Marketing ’Volume 41, Issue-2, Feb 2011, pages 39-45.
2. A research article titled “Employee Attrition: Exploring the dimensions in the urban centric Indian BPO Industry” got published in the ‘Journal of Indian Management and Strategy’, Volume-18, Issue-4, Oct-Dec., 2013, pages 4-12.
No. of International Journals Publications:19
1. A research article titled “Environmental Issues and Challenges of Tourism in kodagu District, Karnataka, India” got published in Test Engineering and Management Journal, volume 81, Jan/Feb, 2020.
2. A research article titled “Branchless banking an effective device towards financial inclusion: A study conducted at Bangalore rural district” got published in “The Management Accountant”, February 2020.
3. A research article titled “Humanity and Talent Management: A case on Healthcare Industry” got published in “International Journal of Management Studies”, Volume-VII, Issue-1, January, 2020.
4. A research article titled “MOOC as a Recruitment and Retention Tool of the Indian Healthcare Employees: A Review” got published in “International Journal of Management Studies”, Volume-VII, Issue-1, January, 2020.
5. A research article titled “Acclimatizing Human Resource (HR) Analytics in Corporate – A Critical Review” got published in ‘International Journal of Current Advanced Research (IJCAR)’, Volume 7, Issue, 4[b], pp.11403-11408, April, 2018.
6. A research article titled “Green Recruitment: a New-Fangled Approach to Attract and Retain Talent” got published in ‘International Journal of Business Management & Research (IJBMR)’, Volume 8, Issue 2, Apr 2018, 69-76.
7. A research article titled “720 Degree Performance Appraisal: A New Intervention for Workforce Development” got published in ‘Journal of Human Resource and Customer Relationship Management’, Volume 2 Issue 1, 2018.
8. A research article titled “'Knowledge Management among professionals employed in private hospitals: A principal component analysis” got published in ‘International Research Journal of Management Science & Technology’, Volume - 8 , Issue – 12, Dec, 2017.
9. A research article titled “Factors Affecting Organizational Climate in Indian Cement Industry – A Principal Component Analysis” got published in ‘Research Journal of Social Science and Management’, Volume 7, Dec, 2017, pp 150-160.
10. A research article titled “Work-life balance in Indian Print Media Industry - A Descriptive Research”, got published in ‘International Journal of Engineering and Management Research’, Volume 6, Issue 6, Nov-Dec, 2017, pp 43-50.
11. A research article titled “A Study on Impact of Perceived Organizational Support (POS), Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment towards Turnover Intentions of Information Technology Professionals at Chennai City” got published in ‘International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research’, Volume 38, 2nd issue, June, 2016, pages 89-96.
12. A research article titled “A study on turnover intentions of Software professionals in chennai city” got published in ‘International Journal of Management (IJM)’, Volume 6, Issue 4, April (2015), pp. 44-51
13. A research article titled “An Empirical Study on Attrition Intention among Software Professionals in Indian Information Technology Organizations” got published in ‘Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics & Management (AJRBEM)’, Vol. IV Issue-VII, July 2014, pages 124-142.
14. A research article titled “Impact of Quality of Work Life (QWL) on employee retention in Indian information Technology Sector” got published in ‘Elixir International Journal’, February 2013.
15. A research article titled “A Study on Investors’ Preference in Indian Commodities Market” got published in ‘European Journal of Commerce and Management Research (EJCMR)’, Vol-2, Issue 1, January 2013.
16. A research article titled “Quality of work life as perceived by employees in Private Sector Manufacturing” got published in ‘Elixir International Journal’, Volume 44, March 2012, Pages 7462-70.
17. A research article titled “Determinants of Employee Engagement and Retention practices in Indian Corporate- Principal component analysis” got published in ‘Asian Pacific Journal for Business Research and Management (APJBRM)’, Volume-2, Issue-12, December, 2011, pages 1-17.
18. A research article titled “Challenges faced by HR executives in manpower consultancies – a descriptive study” got published in ‘International Journal of Business Economics and Management Research (IJBEM)’, Volume-2, Issue-11 November 2011.
19. A research article titled “Knowledge Sharing: A Domain for Retention of Recruitment Executives in Manpower Consultancies at South Asia- An Exploratory Study” got published in ‘Zenith International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research (ZIJMR)’, Vol.1, Issue 4, August 2011.
No. of National Conferences :12
1. Presented a paper titled “Employee Referral Program (ERP) At Indian It Companies - A Research Study” in the National Level Conference on ‘Functional Strategies in Indian Organizations in the present International Scenario’ organized by R V S College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul on 3rd November, 2012.
2. Presented a papers titled “Effective and Innovative HR Practices in the Indian Corporate” and “Employee Retention through Employee Branding” in the one day National Level Conference on ‘ Innovative Management Practices and Business Excellence’ organized by M.I.E.T. Engineering College, Trichy, Tamilnadu on 17th October, 2012.
3. Participated in the National Conference on ‘Entrepreneurship Management’ organized by Department of Management studies, Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai on 14th September, 2012.
4. Participated and presented a paper titled “ Performance Analysis of Mutual Funds in India” in the National Level Conference on Business and Finance(NCBF 2012) organized by Jamal Institute of Management, Jamal Mohammed College(A), Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu on 3rd March, 2012.
5. Participated and presented a paper titled, “ Mobile Marketing: Wise move for Consumer Delight and Big Leap for Product Success” in the National Level Conference on ‘Mobile Marketing’ organized by CARE School of Business Management, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu on 17th April, 2010.
6. Participated and presented papers titled, “Indian Companies and their Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) Initiatives towards Rural Community Development” and “Corporate Social responsibility(CSR) and its Impact on Rural Women Development”, in the UGC Sponsored Two Day National Seminar on ‘Social Entrepreneurship and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)-Role in Women Development’ organized by Department of Women’s Studies, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu on 27th and 28th March, 2010.
7. Participated and presented a paper titled, “Challenges of HR during Recession” in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Strategic Human Resource Management: Perspectives and Practices” organized by PG and Research Department of Human Resource management, St. Joseph’s College(A), Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu and NIPM, Tiruchirappalli chapter on 13th March, 2010.
8. Presented paper, titled “Problems faced by Small Individual Investors in Capital Market” in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on ‘New Issue Market in the Post Liberalization Era’ organized by the Department of Commerce, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu on 7th and 8th January, 2005.
9. Participated and presented paper titled “Role of Business Process Outsourcing in India” in the National Level Seminar (COMMERCIO 2004) on ‘Global business Strategies’ organized by Department of Commerce & Business management, Navarasam Arts & Science College for Women, Erode, Tamilnadu on 26th and 27th December, 2004.
10. Presented paper titled, “Problems faced and prospects of Rural Entrepreneurship” in then UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on ‘Problems and Prospects of Rural Entrepreneurship’ organized by Urumu Dhanalakshmi College, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu on 18th and 19th November, 2004.
No. of International Conferences:3
1. Presented a research paper titled “Organizational Climate in Dalmia Cements- A Principal Component Analysis” in the International Conference organized by Marian International Institute of Management, Idukki, Kerala on 11th and 12th October, 2017.
2. Presented a paper titled, “Employee Branding - A New Mantra of Employee Retention in the Indian Corporate” in the
International conference on ‘Impact on Globalization in Management
Education’ organized by the Department of Management Studies, Periyar University, Salem, Tamilnadu on during February, 2011.
3. Presented paper titled “Effect of Quality of Work life on Employee retention in Private Sector Banks” in the International Conference on ‘Innovative Practices in Management’ organized by Paavai Engineering College, Namakkal, Tamilnadu on 31th December, 2009.
Workshop / Seminars
· Participated in Two Week Faculty Development Programme on “Entrepreneurship” sponsored by NSTEDB, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi and organized by M.I.E.T by NSTEDB, New Delhi and organized by M.I.E.T. Engineering College, Trichy, Tamilnadu during the period November 04-17, 2016.
· Opportunities in Small Scale Sectors” jointly organized by the Department of Management Studies, Pavendar Bharathidasan College of Engineering and Technology, Trichy and Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Ghandhigram Rural Institute- Deemed University, Dindigul, Tamilnadu on 23rd and 24th February, 2012.
· Participated in the one workshop on ‘New Paradigms in the Accreditation System’ at Hotel BenzzPark, Chennai organized by Asssaan Educare Private Limited on 29th October, 2011.
· Participated in the Orientation Programme on ‘Effective Communication and Innovative Teaching’ organized by Srimad Andavan Arts and Science College, Tiruchirappalli on 20th November, 2004
· Participated in the Orientation Programme on ‘Teaching Methods’ by Enathi Rajappaa College, Pattukkottai, Tamilnadu on 15th and 16th June, 2003.
Projects and Exhibitions
No Projects and Exhibitions Details Found.
GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED/INVITED TALKS
1. Delivered key note speech on “Ecommerce Entrepreneurship” in the Session-1 of National Conference conducted on “Entrepreneurship in the Globalised Economy” by the Department of Business Administration, Dr. Umayal Ramanathan College for Women, Karaikudi on 1st February, 2019.
2. Delivered a special speech on “Entrepreneurial Opportunities: International and Domestic Perspective” for Engineering and MBA students at the Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp conducted by the Oxford college of Engineering, Bengaluru on 29th November, 2018.
3. Delivered a guest lecture on “Human Resource Audit & Accounting” to I Year MBA students, Gnanam School of Business, Thanjavur on 18th April, 2018.
4. Was the resource person and delivered a programme on “Professional Skills Development” organized by the Career Guidance Placement Cell, H.H. The Rajah’s College(A), Pudukkottai, Tamilnadu on 13th February, 2017.
5. Was the resource person and conducted a PDP on “Who is a Winner?” organized by the department of commerce and management, Naina Mohammed Arts and Science College, Aranthangi, Tamilnadu on 8th February, 2017.
6. Was the resource person and conducted a programme on “Employability Skills” organized by the Placement Cell at Government Arts College, Ariyalur, Tamilnadu on 1st March, 2016
7. Was the resource person and conducted a programme on “Believe in Yourself” organized by the Department of Management Studies, Government Arts College, Thoovakudi, Trichy, Tamilnadu on 29th February, 2016.
8. Was the resource person and conducted a PDP on “What Winner Requires?” organized by the Department of Commerce and Management, Enathi Rajappaa Arts and Science College, Pattukkottai, Tamilnadu on 3rd February, 2016.
9. Was the resource person and conducted a programme on “Professional Skills” organized by the Placement Cell at Aringar Anna Arts & Science College, Musiri, Tamilnadu on 28th January, 2016.
10. Was the chief guest and delivered the Special address in the Students’ Commerce Association Inaugural Function at Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Arts and Science College for Women(A), Thanjavur on 25th January, 2016
11. Was the Chief Guest and delivered a motivational speech in the seminar organized by the Department of Commerce and Management, Sri Bharathi Arts and Science College for Women, Pudukkottai on 6th January, 2016.
12. Delivered a guest lecture on “Total Quality Management” to I Year MBA students, Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Management, Pudukkottai on 13th November, 2013.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES CONDUCTED/CONSULTANCY WORK
· Conducted a Management Development Programme(MDP) for Branch Managers of UBI on “Banking Strategies” at the Staff College, Bengaluru during July 2008.
· Conducted several Training Programmes and workshops for social workers and youth associated with SUPPORT Organization, Trichy, Tamilnadu.
· Worked with Srijan Consultancy, Bengaluru as a recruitment Panel member in selecting the executives for TNVK Project during the year 2008.
1. “Principles of Management” with CBA Publishers, Chennai, 2008, ISBN- 9788190617000, which was a reference book for MBA curriculum in Anna University, Truichirapalli.
2. “Total Quality Management (Theory and Cases)”, Himalaya Publishing House, 2017 ISBN- 978-93-5273-573-0.
· Member of Editorial Board in the ‘International Journal of Human Resource Studies’ being published by Macrothink Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.