Mrs. Sushma. V
- Department: MBA
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Phone: +91-9632053663
- Email: email@example.com
- Teaching Experience: 6.5 Years
- Industry Experience: 10.0 Years
- Research Experience: 4.0 Years
|B.Com, DCA||Costing & Management Accounting/Computer Application||St. Aloysius College/KPT CE-CELL||Mangalore University|
|M.Com||Human Resource Management||Karnataka State Open University||KSOU, Mysore|
|PGDHRM, K-SET(UGC)||Human Resource Management/commerce||Indira Gandhi Open University||IGNOU, New Delhi|
|(Ph.D)||Human Resource Management||Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management||VTU, Belagavi|
Membership of Professional Bodies:
President of JCI Mangalore DISHA (Women Only LOM) for the year 2018-19
Coordinator of Institutional Membership with National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM), Mangaluru Chapter
Member of Mangalore Management Association (MMA)
Employability Issues of MBA Graduates
Runners Up Award at Elevate2 (FY 2019-20) for Sahyadri HR Solutions LLP
Grants Received Research/Projects Guided (Beyond Academic)
Received Funding from ICSSR of Rs. 3,10,000 to pursue Minor Research Project on "Skill Assessment & Training for Female Students of UG Colleges of Dakshina Kannada District to enhance their Employability"
Received KSCST Funding of Rs. 4,500 for Mentoring a Team of 4 Students on "Biodegradable Products"
No. of National Journals Publications:4
1. Challenges in Recruitment & Selection, an Observational Study in BPO/ITO sector, Mangalore published in Global Research Review: Journal of Innovative Research in Commerce and Management, Volume 2, 2016 (ISSN: 2250-2521)
2. Published a Research Paper titled - “EMPLOYEE SATISFACTION SURVEY USING GALLUP’s Q12 MODEL IN HEALTH CARE UNIT, MANGALURU” in Sahyadri Journal of Management (SJOM) Volume 2, Issue 1, June 2018, ISSN No. 2456 – 9151
3. Published a Research Paper titled - “Job Enrichment and Work Outcomes – A Study in a Chemical Factory in Mangalore” in International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts (IJCRT) Volume 5, Issue 4, Dec 2017, ISSN No. 2320 – 2882
4. Published a Research Article titled – “An observational study on Employee Attrition, a major challenge in BPO/ITO sector, Mangaluru” in Journal of Management Studies and Academic Research, Volume 2, ISSN: 2455 4960
No. of International Journals Publications:3
1. International Conference on Agri Business Management-opportunities and Challenges organized by Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management on October 9th-14th, 2014. Presentation Topic: Agri Supply Chain Management. Paper published in Conference Proceedings ISBN: 978-81-930547-0-3.
2. Presented a Research paper titled - "A Conceptual study on the importance of Competency Mapping for Management Students in the Present Business Scenario" in an International Conference on "Recent Developments & Emerging Trends in Management Research & Information Science - NOVITAT 2016" organized by Krupanidhi School of Management, Bengaluru and the same is published with ISBN -978-93-85640-83-4
3. A CONCEPTUAL STUDY ON THE IMPORTANCE OF COMPETENCY MAPPING FOR MANAGEMENT STUDENTS IN THE PRESENT BUSINESS SCENARIO at NOVITAT 2016 - ISBN: 978-93-85640-83-4 International Conference on "Recent Developments Emerging Trends in Management Research & Information Science" 29th & 30th November 2016 Archers & Elevators Publishing House
No. of National Conferences :7
1. Presented paper titled "Women as a Leader, need of the 21st Century Transformation Leadership - An experiential Study" in the National Conference on Women Empowerment organised by Manipal University - School of Management, Manipal
2. Presented paper titled "Attrition, a major challenge in a BPO sector" in the National Conference on Institution Building organised by SDM Post Graduate Center for Management Studies and Research, Mangalore
3. Attended Nitte National Conference on Market State and Society in Emerging India and Presented a paper titled - India, a colossal icon of booming economic power
4. Attended National Level HR Conference on "Creating New business Paradigms - The HR Way" organised by School of Social Work, Roshni Nilaya, Mangalore
5. Attended 32nd NIPM Annual National Conference on "Challenges, Opportunities, The HR way Ahead" held in Panjim, Goa
6. Attended and presented a paper titled A Conceptual study on importance of Competency Mapping for Management students in present business scenario in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Issues & Challenges in Global Workplace organised by Besant Women's College, Mangalore
7. Attended and presented a paper titled SMART City, a paradigm shift from profit motive to people centric approach for urban development' in the UGC Sponsored National Conference on Green Marketing in India, Emerging Opportunities & Challenges organised by SDM College of Business Management, Mangaluru
No. of International Conferences:4
1. Attended International Conference on Opportunities & Challenges in Business Management (OCBM-2020) in Dubai, UAE during 25th to 26th Feb, 2020 organized by Manipal University, Dubai Campus and presented paper on "Skill Assessment of Management Students for Mentoring on their Employability Skills - A Study in a Tier 3 Bschool in Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka, India"
2. Attended International Conference on "Agri-Business Management - Opportunities & Challenges" at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangalore
3. Presented paper titled "A study on challenges in recruitment & selection in BPO/ITO sector, Mangalore" in the International Conference on Research in Business Management & Information Technology (ICRBIT-2015) at RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
4. Presented a Research paper titled - "A Conceptual study on the importance of Competency Mapping for Management Students in the Present Business Scenario" in an International Conference on "Recent Developments & Emerging Trends in Management Research & Information Science - NOVITAT 2016" organized by Krupanidhi School of Management, Bengaluru and the same is published with ISBN -978-93-85640-83-4
Workshop / Seminars
1. Attended AICTE Approved Short Term Course on HR Analytics Hands on Training (Under QIP Sponsorship) at IIT, Kharagpur
2. Attended Prajna 2015 - Symposium for College Faculty
3. Attended Shraddha 2015 – Symposium for College Students
4. Attended ‘FEEL TEACHER – Freedom & Punishment’ Faculty Development Program conducted by CLHRD
5. Workshop titled – Intellectual Property Rights: Significance for Academia in Business & Research
6. Attended a Three Day Management Development Program on "Research Data Analytics" held at PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore
7. Attended a Workshop on "Pathway to Success for Teachers"
8. Attended a Workshop on "Self Esteem & Work Ethics"
9. Attended a Three-Day Faculty Development Program on "National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN)"
10. Underwent a "FEEL Teacher" Learning & Development Intervention conducted by College for Leadership & Human Resource Development (CLHRD), Mangalore
11. Participated in the HR Conclave on "Emerging Trends in Managing Human Resources"
12. Attended a Faculty Development Program on "TQM for Enhancing Competency for Quality Teaching"
Projects and Exhibitions
No Projects and Exhibitions Details Found.
Certified POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) Trainer
Invited as a Resource Person for the National Level Inter-Collegiate Workshop by St. Agnes College, Mangaluru
Resource Person for a session on “Career Advancement” at St. Agnes College, Mangaluru
Attends a One-Day Workshop on ‘High Performing Team’ organized by the Corporate Training Division of Swastika Consultancy, Mangaluru
Participated as Delegate at NITTE-KBL MSME Conclave 2019
Social Media Coordinator of MHRD’s Sahyadri Institute Innovation Council (IIC)
Attended PRAXIS8, a Public Relations And Corporate Communications India Summit 2019
Facilitated a session on HR Analytics in an Online FDP organized by Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
Facilitated the session on ‘HR Analytics - No Rocket Science’ in Faculty Development Programme for UG Teachers
Facilitated a session on ‘Personality Development’ at Mahesh High School, Mangaluru
Invited to deliver a Guest Lecture at St. Agnes Degree College on Human Resource Management
ü Attended a One Day FDP on Funding Agency Research Grant & Proposal Writing organised by St. Joseph's College of Commerce, Bengaluru
ü Attended a 6-Day FDP at IIM, Kozhikode on "Innovative Approaches in Management Teaching"
ü Invited to deliver a Guest Talk at School of Management, Manipal University (MU-SOM) to address the MBA - Health Care Management 1st and 2nd year students
ü Moderated a session on "Engaging Talents in a Dynamic Business Environment" at JKSHIM, NITTE for HR Conclave on "Managing Human Capital in the Dynamic Business Environment"
ü Facilitated an MDP on "Pathway to Excellence" for Nursing In charge of AJ Hospital, Mangaluru
ü Facilitated an MDP on "Born to Win" for HOD's of AJ Hospital, Mangalore
ü Rendered Guidance & Support to the HR Team of AJ Hospital, Mangaluru in gaining clarity on the parameters of "The Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award in Health Care Sector"
ü Attended AICTE Approved Short Term Course on HR Analytics Hands on Training (Under QIP Sponsorship) at IIT, Kharagpur
ü Attended Blended MOOCs Faculty Development Programme at IIM, Bengaluru
ü Chief Co-ordinator of the STUDENT DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
ü Chief Co-ordinator of PGCET Training @ Sahyadri YR 2015 & YR 2016
ü Co-ordinator of Leadership Development Programme for UG students @ Sahyadri YR 2016
ü Chief Editor of Sahyadri Daily/Weekly & Monthly Buzz
ü Attended Workshop on Workplace Ethics @ VTU, Bengaluru
ü Attended Workshop on BORN TO WIN
ü Attended Prajna 2015 Symposium for College Faculty
ü Attended Shraddha 2015 Symposium for College Students
ü Attended FEEL TEACHER Freedom & Punishment Faculty Development Program conducted by CLHRD
ü Workshop titled Intellectual Property Rights: Significance for Academia in Business & Research
ü Attended a Three Day Management Development Program on Research Data Analytics held at PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore
ü Attended a Workshop on Pathway to Success for Teachers
ü Attended a Workshop on Self Esteem & Work Ethics
ü Attended a Three Day Faculty Development Program on National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN)
ü Underwent a FEEL Teacher Learning & Development Intervention conducted by College for Leadership & Human Resource Development (CLHRD), Mangalore
ü Participated in the HR Conclave on Emerging Trends in Managing Human Resources
ü Attended a Faculty Development Program on TQM for Enhancing Competency for Quality Teaching
ü Interview on “Channel One Karnataka” on the occasion of Teacher’s Day
ü Conducted Placement Workshop at Canara College, Mangaluru