Mr Vaishak N L
- Department: Mechanical Engineering
- Designation: Asst Professor
- Phone: -9449745266
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Experience: 9.5 Years
- Industry Experience: 2.0 Years
- Research Experience: 4.0 Years
|BE||Mechanical Engineering||VCET Puttur||V T U|
|MTech||ManufacturingIAR||SIT Valachil||V T U|
|Ph.D||Metal Forming||VTU-RRC||V T U|
Membership of Professional Bodies:
Memeber of Indian Society for Technical Eduation(MISTE)
Main research focus is on Metal forming and specifically Tube bending. Also area of interest includes Total quality management and Total productive maintenance. There are project prototypes has been developed and tested in the field of non renewable energy sources and waste management.
No Awards Details Found.
Grants Received Research/Projects Guided (Beyond Academic)
The waste management model has been developed by the of Pre University students which includes waste collection, segregation and processing which received the seed money by the Sahyadri college to the students and it has been exhibited in the Sahyadri Science Talent Hunt Event in the Sahyadri Campus.
There are two projects received the grant from the Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology for the Under graduate students. The Projects were related to Waste Management and Non-renewable energy sources.
No. of International Journals Publications:8
“Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Response surface analysis of Thrust force and Torque in drilling granite fiber reinforced epoxy composites by using Multi facet HSS twist drill” Procedia Material Science, Elsevier Publications, Vol. 5, pp. 1660-1669, 2014, Doi: 10.1016/j.mspro.2014.07.354.
“Investigation on different compositions of E-glass/Epoxy composite and its application in leaf spring”, International Organization Of Scientific Research, vol.11, issue.1, Feb 2014, pp 74-80
“Development of Advanced RISC Microprocessor Based Embedded System with Embedded Operating System for Robot Applications”, International Journal of Software and Hardware Research in Engineering, Vol-1, Issue-1, September 2013, PP. 7-13
No National Journals Found.
No. of International Journals Conferences:5
- “Drilling analysis of [0/90/0] oriented glass fiber reinforced epoxy plastic (GFRP) composite laminates”, International Conference on Polymer Composites ICPC-2014, National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) Surathkal, Mangalore, Karnataka, India, December 19-20, 2014.
- “Analysis of Thrust Force and Torque in Drilling Granite Particulate Reinforced Epoxy Composite by Using Multi Facet HSS Twist Drill”, International Conference in Engineering and Technology Research held at Dubai, U.A.E, 24-25 April 2014.
- Jaimon D. Quadros, Suhas, Vaishak N. L., ShilpaB., “Effect of Tempering on the Mechanical Properties of AISI 52100 alloy steel”, International Conclave On Innovations in Engineering & Management, which is held on 24-25 February, 2016,Al-Waljat College of Applied Sciences, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
- Jolene Shaina Vas, Suhas, Jaimon D. Quadros, Vaishak N. L., Aster Fernandes, “Development Of Mathematical Models For Ultimate Compressive Strength Based On The Experimental Observations By Drilling For Glass Epoxy Composites”, International Conference on Current Research in Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology and Mechanical Engineering(ICECSITME-15), Goa, India, October 4, 2015
Jaimon D. Quadros, Vaishak N. L., Suhas, S. S. Balakrishna, Mahesh B. Davangeri, “Drilling analysis of [0/90/0] oriented glass fiber reinforced epoxy plastic (GFRP) composite laminates”, International Conference on Polymer Composites ICPC-2014, National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) Surathkal, Mangalore, Karnataka, India, December 19-20, 2014.
No. of National Conferences :2
- Vaishak N. L., Suhas, Ashwin D. Rao, Jaimon D. Quadros, “Energy barriers and solutions- A Review”, First National Conference on Renewable Energy Systems and Engineering (NCRESE-14), Vivekananda College of Engineering and Technology, Puttur, India, November 2014.
- Vaishak N L, C G Ramachandra, Shilpa B, “Development of ARM Based Embedded System for Robot Applications using Linux Network”, National Conference on Challenges in Research and Technology in the Coming Decades Held in Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute of Technology, Ujire on 27th – 28th September 2013
Workshop / Seminars
1 Participated on International workshop on Stress assisted environmental damage in structural materials (EDSA 2015) Held at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) on 27th February to 2nd March 2015.
2 Underwent a “FEEL TEACHER” learning and development intervention conducted from 26th to 28th July 2013, held by College of Leadership and Human Resource Development CLHRD at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangalore, India
3 . Participated in a two day national level Faculty development program on “Application of Stastical and Neural network technique in Engineering” organized by Shri Madhwa Vadiraja Institute of Technology and Management Udupi, Mangalore under Indian Society forTechnical Education on 6-7th June 2016
4 Participated in a Two day workshop on “Thermal Properties of Materials” held by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Alva’s Institute of Engineering & Technology, Mijar, Moodabidri, Mangalore, India, 27-28 January, 2015
Projects and Exhibitions
To create interest in the field of Science and technology every year there will be a project(Working and Non working)competition will be arranged in different pre university colleges and many high schools. By nurturing children's ideas to problem solving ability and winding up with a model or a project which will be exhibited in the science fair.
The event will be coordinated in the respective Pre university colleges or in the High schools and mentoring the students in this regard.
Sahyadri Science Talent Hunt Core committe member and Co-ordinator
SPSS Department co-ordinator
NAAC Department Co-ordinator