Dr. F. Jyothi Serrao
- Department: Physics
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Phone: +91-9448621477
- Email: email@example.com
- Teaching Experience: 14.0 Years
- Industry Experience: NIL
- Research Experience: 9.0 Years
|BSc||PCM||SDM College, Ujire||Mangalore University|
|M.Sc||Physics( Electronics)||Mangalore University||Mangalore University|
|Ph.D||Thin films||Mangalore University||Mangalore University|
Membership of Professional Bodies:
Life Member - Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE)
1. "Study of undoped and doped ZnO thin films for optoelectronic device applications"
2. ZnO-based resistive gas sensors
Approved Research Supervisor (VTU) - Guiding one PhD student.
First Rank in M.Sc Physics ( Specialization-Electronics) with Gold Medal.
Grants Received Research/Projects Guided (Beyond Academic)
No. of International Journals Publications:12
1. Felcy Jyothi Serrao, K. M. Sandeep and S. M. Dharmaprakash, "Annealing-induced modifications in sol-gel spin-coated Ga:ZnO thin films", Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 2016, 78:438-445. (Springer, Impact factor: 1.745)
2. Felcy Jyothi Serrao and S. M. Dharmaprakash,"Sol ageing effect on the structural, optical and electrical properties of Ga-doped ZnO thin films", Journal of Materials Technology, 2016, 31:443-447. (Taylor & Francis, Impact factor:1.232)
3. Felcy Jyothi Serrao and S. M. Dharmaprakash, "Structural, optical and electrical properties of sol-gel prepared Ga:ZnO thin film", Journal of Materials Research Innovations, 2016, 20: 470-474. (Taylor & Francis-Impact factor-0.83)
4. Felcy Jyothi Serrao, K M Sandeep, Shreesha Bhat and S M Dharmaprakash, "Sol-Gel Derived Al-Ga Co-doped Transparent Conducting Oxide ZnO Thin films", AIP Conference Proceedings, 1731, 080047-1 to 3 (2016); DOI: 10.1063/1.4947925.
5. K. M.Sandeep, Shreesha Bhat, F. J. Serrao and S.M Dharmaprakash, "Li Doped ZnO Thin Films for Optoelectronic Applications", AIP Conference Proceedings, 1731, 080055-1 to 3 (2016); DOI: 10.1063/1.4947933.
6. Felcy Jyothi Serrao and S. M. Dharmaprakash, "Aging effects of the precursor solutions on the properties of spin-coated Ga-doped ZnO", AIP Conference Proceedings, 1665, 080067-1 to 3 (2015), DOI: 10.1063/1.4917971.
7. Felcy Jyothi Serrao and S.M. Dharmaprakash, "Thickness dependence properties of spin coated ZnO nano crystalline films", Sahyadri International Journal of Research , 2015, 1:21-24. (ISSN:2546-186X)
8. Felcy Jyothi Serrao and S. M. Dharmaprakash , “Effect of Post-Heat Treatment on the Properties of Sol-Gel Derived ZnO Thin Films for Transparent Electronics” SAHYADRI International Journal of Research , 2017, 3:4-8. (ISSN:2456-186X)
9. Felcy Jyothi Serrao and S. M. Dharmaprakash, "Influence of Ga dopants on the structural, optical and electrical properties of solution processed ZnO thin films” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 2016, 18:672-678.
10. Felcy Jyothi Serrao, K. M. Sandeep, Shreesha Bhat, S. M. Dharmaprakash, “High energy electron irradiation effects on Ga-doped ZnO thin films for optoelectronic space applications” Applied Physics A, 2018, 124:224. (Springer, Impact factor: 1.604)
11. K.M. Sandeep, Shreesha Bhat, Felcy Jyothi Serrao, S.M. Dharmaprakash, “Effect of 8 MeV electrons irradiation on carrier transport mechanism in ZnO thin films fabricated by sol-gel spin coating technique”, Surface & Coatings Technology, 2018, 338: 96–102. (Elsevier, Impact factor: 2.906)
12. K.M. Sandeep, Shreesha Bhat, Prasad Kumar, Shivaraj R. Maidur, Felcy Jyothi Serrao,S.M. Dharmaprakash, “Highly c-axis oriented crystal growth induced giant unusual saturable absorption behavior in wet chemically grown ZnO thin films” Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 2019, 107: 47–53.
No National Journals Found.
No. of International Journals Conferences:5
- A research paper titled "Aging Effects of the Precursor Solutions on the Properties of Spin Coated Ga-doped ZnO Thin Films", 59th DAE Solid State Physics Symposium (DAE-SSPS-2014) , VIT University Vellore, Tamilnadu, December 16-20, 2014.
- A research paper titled "Crystal and surface structural studies on spin coated Ga-doped ZnO thin films", International Intra-disciplinary Conference on the Frontiers of Crystallography (IICFC-2014), Field Marshal K. M. Cariappa College, Madikeri, Kodagu, December 29-30, 2014.
- A research paper "Effect of Electron Irradiation on the Properties of GZO Thin Films Deposited by Sol-Gel Method" International Conference on Recent Advances in Nano - Science and Technology 2015 (RAINSAT-2015), Sathyabhama University, Chennai, July 8-10, 2015.
- A research paper titled "Sol-Gel Derived Al-Ga Co-doped Transparent Conducting Oxide ZnO Thin films", 60th DAE Solid State Physics Symposium (DAE-SSPS-2015) , Amity University, Noida, Delhi, December 21-25, 2015.
- A research paper titled "Effect of 8MeV Electron Irradiation on the Properties of Transparent Conductive ZnO Thin Films" in the International Conference on Smart materials and Technologies for Emerging Electronics (IC-SMTEE-2016), CENT, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management (SCEM), Mangalore, February 19-20, 2016.
No. of National Conferences :2
- A research paper titled "Preparation and characterization of Ga-doped ZnO thin films deposited by sol-gel spin coating method", National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics and Applications (CMPA-2013), MIT, Manipal University. December 27-28, 2013.
- A research paper titled "Aging effects on the structural and optical properties of Ga-doped ZnO thin films deposited by sol-gel spin coating method", National Conference on Current Trends in Scientific Research for Engineering Applications (NCSEA-2014), SJEC, Mangalore, July 17-18, 2014.
Workshop / Seminars
1. "Research workshop for Doctoral Candidates" at Karnataka Govt. Research centre, Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, January 23-24, 2015.
2. Attended a workshop on “ New Model Curriculum for First Year B.E/ B.Tech-CBCS Detailed Syllabus (2018-2019) as per Outcome-Based Education (OBE) format including Course Outcomes (CO) and Bloom’s Taxonomy” under Physics Board held on 19 th May 2018 at SCEM, Mangaluru Organized by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi.
3. Attended a workshop on “Orientation Course in Values Education” held at Ramakrishna Institute of Moral and Spiritual Education, Yadavagiri, Mysore from 29th – 31st March, 2018.
Projects and Exhibitions
No Projects and Exhibitions Details Found.
Active member of the research core group of the college.