Dr. Navin. N. Bappalige
- Department: Physics
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Phone: +91-9844251900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Experience: 24 Years
- Industry Experience: NIL
- Research Experience: 17.0 Years
|BSc||PME||Vivekananda College, Puttur||Mangalore University|
|M.S [Psycology &counseling]||Industry Psycology||IPMS, Mumbai||Open university[Int]|
|M.Phil||Nonlinear Optics||Annamalai University|
|Ph.D||Nonlinear Optics||Mangalore University|
Membership of Professional Bodies:
Member Academic Council - Mangalore University [2014-2015]
The Indian Society for Technical Education [ISTE] - since 2018 (Life Member)
Nonlinear Optics and Thin films of Organic and inorganic materials
Self Financed Project: Enhancing the Gas sensing properties of Pure ZnO and BiFeO3 Thin Films Grown by spin Coating , carried out in Thin Film Research Lab that has been established from VGST Grant in the year 2018.
Guiding One Ph d Student Under VTU
No Awards Details Found.
Grants Received Research/Projects Guided (Beyond Academic)
Projecte Guided [current year] A jacket which warms the body @ low temperature. Received a Research Grant of Rs.5.00 Lakh from VGST, Govt of Karnataka in the year 2018 from which the Thin Film Research Lab is established wherein interdisciplinary research work is being carried out.
No. of International Journals Publications:5
- Acta Crystallographica Section E Structure Reports doi:10.1107/S1600536809015177 . (2009). E65, o1266
- International Journal of Pure and Applied Physics Volume 6, Number 2 (2010), pp. 151–156
- Y.Narayana and Navin N. Bappalige Solid State Physics, Proceedings of the 55th DAE Solid
State Physics Symposium 2010;AIP Conf. Proc. 1349, 1261-1262 (2011); doi: 10.1063/
1.3606 325, 2011 American Institute of Physics
- International Journal of Physics and Applications. Volume 3, Number 1 (2011), pp.57-62
- International Journal of Applied Physics. Volume 4, Number 1 (2014), pp. 1-4
No. of National Journals Publications:11
1. Soumya S., Krishna Prasad K., & Bappalige Navin N (2021). “Performance Analysis of Mobile Ad Hoc Routing Protocols in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks using NS3”, International Journal of Applied Engineering and Management Letters (IJAEML), 5(1), 19-28. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4615742.
2. Felcy Jyothi Serrao, Navin N Bappalige, K. M. Sandeep, S. Raghavendra,2021 “Dominance of c-axis orientation on the carrier transport properties of Sn doped ZnO thin films” Thin Solid Films,Elsevier, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2021.138579
3. Soumya S., Krishna Prasad K. & Navin N. Bappalige (2020). Performance Analysis of AODV and OLSR protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc Network using NS3. International Journal of Management, Technology, and Social Sciences (IJMTS), 5(2), 372-379. DOI:http://doi.org/ 10.5281/zenodo.4384225
4. K.R. Rashmi , A. Jayarama , N. Navin Bappalige and R. Pinto,2017 “A Review on Vibration Based Piezoelectric Energy Harvesters”, SIJR, vol 3, issue 1, pp.47- 56.
5. K.R.Rashmi , Swathi Rai , Rathishchandra R. Gatti , A. Jayarama , Navin Bappalige , Niraj Joshi , R.Pinto , S.P. Duttagupta 2015, “Simulation and fabrication considerations of P(VDF-TrFE) cantilevers”, SIJR, vol 1, issue1, pp.8-10.
6. Navin N. Bappalige, Brinda, Y. Narayana and V. Upadyaya 2009, “1-(2,4-Dichlorophenyl)-3-[4-(dimethylamino)phenyl]prop-2-enone”,journal Acta Crystallographica E. Acta Cryst. E65,o1266, doi:10.1107/ S1600536809015177.
7. Navin N. Bappalige, Y. Narayana 2010 “Growth and Characterization of 4 –Bromo 2-nitro Aniline a New Nonlinear Optical Organic Crystal”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Physics Volume 6, Number 2 , pp. 151–156.
8. Navin N. Bappalige, Y. Narayana 2011 “Growth and Characterization of 1-( 2,4-dichlorophenyl)-3-(4-dimethyl amino- phenyl)-2- propenone –A New Nonlinear Optical Chalcone”, International Journal of Physics and Applications.ISSN 0974-3103 Volume 3, Number 1, pp.57-62
9. Navin N. Bappalige, Y. Narayana 2011 “Electrical and nonlinear optical properties of novel organic materials”, Solid State Physics, Proceedings of the 55th DAE Solid State Physics Symposium 2010American Institute of Physics Conf. Proc. 1349, 1261-1262 ; doi: 10.1063/1.3606325
10. Navin N. Bappalige, Y. Narayana 2011 , “Growth and characterization of a new chalcone and its comparison of NLO property with related chalcone crystals”, proceedings of International Conference on Advanced Materials and its Applications published by McMillan Advanced Research Series , pp. 868-73
11. Navin N. Bappalige, Y. Narayana 2011 “Study of conductivity and nonlinear optical properties of new Organic material”, proceedings of International Conference on Advanced Materials and its Applications published by McMillan Advanced Research Series , pp. 923 – 28.
No. of International Journals Conferences:1
1. Navin N Bappalige“Effect of dipolar association of bromine on non –linear properties of m-
nitro acetanilide”, presented at the International conference at NITK-suratkal, Karnataka in
Feb 15-16, 2010.
No. of National Conferences :10
1. “Synthesis of organic NLO material’, New Frontiers in Chemistry”, state level conference 2005, Sri Bhuvanendra College –Karkala.
2. “Electro-optic and nonlinear studies of some new organic compounds”, chemical Sciences for industry and society – emerging trends for the 3rd millennium., National conference, Kuvempu university in January-2006.
3. “Effect of dipolar association of bromine on NLO property of m-nitroaniline”, 38th National Conference on Crystallography; University of Mysore, Feb-2009.
4. “Variation of SHG property and particle size fraction”, Nano Sciences and Technology; National conference Fathima Matha National College – Kollam March 2009.
6. “Designing the organic NLO compound by substitution”, Chemistry for sustainable Future UGC sponsored National conference, SB. College – Karkala October, 2009.
7 “Effect of dipolar association of bromine on non –linear properties of m-nitro acetanilide”, presented at the International conference NITK, Feb, 2010
8. ”, Recent Trends of materials and Science; National conference JUIT- Shimla october, 2011.
9. “Study of conductivity and nonlinear optical properties of new organic crystal” National Conference, Recent Advances on Material Science; M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology; Dec, 2011.
10. “Third Harmonic and Structural study of 4-bromo 2-nitroaniline, A New NLO Organic Material”; National Laser Symposium, Anna University; Jan, 2012.
10. “Second harmonic conversion efficiency of three new organic crystal by Nd: YAG laser – A comparative Study”; Y.Narayana and Navin N. Bappalige is presented at National Laser Symposium organized by National Laser Association at Anna University.
11. ‘Crystal Growth Simulations, Mathematical Models and Manifestations’ a research paper presented in a nation al Conference on Condensed Matter Physics and Applications-2013at Manipal University, on December 27-28,2013.
Workshop / Seminars
No Workshop/Seminar Details Found.
Projects and Exhibitions
Structural Characterization of Ferroelectric Thin Films Grown by Spin Coating.
Participated in the events of sports and cultural competitions and won prizes in creative writing and in crickect.